Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Billboard Highest Grossing Tours of 2011
Some staggering earnings in this list of the top 25:

Top 25 Tours of 2011

I'll leave comments on the worthiness of some of those on the list to others...
"Writing about music is like dancing about architecture"

Unknown
Wow! People really do love their Bon Jovi don't they? Craziness...
"I said, I found the secret to life, I found the secret to life
I'm okay when everything is not okay, is not okay"

~Tori Amos, Upside Down
Not familiar with Take That ..except for Robbie Williams...wow only 29 shows and they nearly equaled U2 who did over 90 shows ????
Bon Jovi a big draw still...did a lot of shows. Bon Jovi's good looks could attribute to a substantial reason after all these years.

The more shows you do the more money you make,,,so U2 to me is not that impressive at over 90 concerts at $100 a head equalling the 190 million ...sounds about right. They had to work a lot harder than Take That !!!!...lol

As for the others that drop significantly in earnings, there's no doubt that the modern pop stars appeal to a lot of music listeners...and as I've said ...live outshines studio in some and maybe most cases ...imo. Roger Waters stats are very impressive and nice to see !!!!

geez where's Macca on the list ? couldn't have toured much in 2011 ????
 The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
SteveO Wrote:Not familiar with Take That ..except for Robbie Williams...wow only 29 shows and they nearly equaled U2 who did over 90 shows ????
Bon Jovi a big draw still...did a lot of shows. Bon Jovi's good looks could attribute to a substantial reason after all these years.

The more shows you do the more money you make,,,so U2 to me is not that impressive at over 90 concerts at $100 a head equalling the 190 million ...sounds about right. They had to work a lot harder than Take That !!!!...lol

As for the others that drop significantly in earnings, there's no doubt that the modern pop stars appeal to a lot of music listeners...and as I've said ...live outshines studio in some and maybe most cases ...imo. Roger Waters stats are very impressive and nice to see !!!!

geez where's Macca on the list ? couldn't have toured much in 2011 ????

U2 recently toured here...tickets averged $300 each...wouldnt pay that to see that pretentious a###hole!
was good to see R[B]oger Waters [/B]on the list..his tickets were just over $200 each, Dani and I see him on 28th January2012
Take That were a boyband from the 1990s,they were bigger in the UK than either Gary Barlow and Robbie Williams were as solo singers, recently reformed with new album and huge european tour
Paul McCartney
he toured pretty much constantly through 2011, must have done at least 80-90 shows from memory...always find though that Macca and his people are very secretive about his earnings from tours and album sales from solo records, he was supposed to tour here this year but kept prolonging his US shows, hoping to get him downunder next year...even just for a festival, just want to see him live again in concert before he goew to the great music hall upstairs!

also, i dont think i was really surprised by any artist on the list Tiggi provided...
surprised that the Horse Head tour wasnt on there?, but then again, we seem to have been snubbed with no Grammy nomination neither!!!
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.

CRAZY-HORSE Wrote:surprised that the Horse Head tour wasnt on there?, but then again, we seem to have been snubbed with no Grammy nomination neither!!!
don't think groups that ended up in the red for the year show up on that list.
might have hit the black if not for those maid tips and the bill for trashing the motel room.
.....and the speeding ticket, which is still on the books.

Good to see Andre Rieu there .......................He is from down here in Maastricht and we are really proud of him................Hij an fijne vent is en we zijn heel trots!
Nice to be able to go back to trust and friendship!!!!!!!!!

It's a mixed up sensation this being alive
Oh! it wears a man down into the ground
It's the strangest elation
I can't describe it
Oh it leaves a man weary
It makes a man frown.
.............................Chris Simpson ( "Mixed Up Sensations" 1975 Martin's Cafe )
THE 2011 HORSE HEAD TOUR RULES !!!!!

Paul must have been way up there with over 80 concerts ! He constantly sells out sport arenas. When I saw him in 2009 he drew over 70,000 in downtown Halifax at The Commons, an outdoor setting. I paid $137 and was 8 rows back.
CRAZY-HORSE Wrote:U2 recently toured here...tickets averged $300 each...wouldnt pay that to see that pretentious a###hole!
was good to see R[B]oger Waters [/B]on the list..his tickets were just over $200 each, Dani and I see him on 28th January2012
Take That were a boyband from the 1990s,they were bigger in the UK than either Gary Barlow and Robbie Williams were as solo singers, recently reformed with new album and huge european tour
Paul McCartney
he toured pretty much constantly through 2011, must have done at least 80-90 shows from memory...always find though that Macca and his people are very secretive about his earnings from tours and album sales from solo records, he was supposed to tour here this year but kept prolonging his US shows, hoping to get him downunder next year...even just for a festival, just want to see him live again in concert before he goew to the great music hall upstairs!

also, i dont think i was really surprised by any artist on the list Tiggi provided...
surprised that the Horse Head tour wasnt on there?, but then again, we seem to have been snubbed with no Grammy nomination neither!!!
How do Ilse DeLange and Jan Smit fare ?

gryphon Wrote:Good to see Andre Rieu there .......................He is from down here in Maastricht and we are really proud of him................Hij an fijne vent is en we zijn heel trots!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Billboard Music Charts For 2024 Music Head 50 5,338 17-09-2024, 19:40
Last Post: Music Head
  Billboard Music Charts For 2023 Music Head 74 12,483 27-12-2023, 13:10
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  Billboard Music Charts for 2022 Music Head 88 7,769 29-12-2022, 12:37
  Billboard Music Charts For 2021 Music Head 75 7,824 21-12-2021, 22:12
  Billboard Music Charts For 2020 Music Head 98 17,559 29-12-2020, 23:49
  Billboard Music Charts For 2019 Music Head 90 18,542 25-12-2019, 00:02
  highest selling singles/albums of 2016: CRAZY-HORSE 2 1,354 31-12-2016, 01:34
  Billboard Music Awards 2016 Music Head 2 874 24-05-2016, 14:05
Last Post: Inna Selez
  Billboard & Other Weekly Album Charts 2015 Music Head 222 48,127 26-12-2015, 10:22
  Billboard top 15 hard rock albums SteveO 2 824 16-05-2015, 03:50
Last Post: SteveO