Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nine Below Zero Live Last Night
Went to see Rhythm & Blues band Nine Below Zero for the first time in 30 years last night at a very small theatre in Deal, a town about fifteen miles from us.

They'd slipped off my radar ages ago, and we only stumbled across this gig by chance a couple of weeks ago.

Most of the original band is intact: Dennis Greaves on guitar & vocals, Mark Feltham on harmonica & vocals, Brian Bethell on bass, with the addition of drummer Brendan O'Neill who played for 10 years with Rory Gallagher.

This band is seriously good live !! Gave a hot, sweaty, energetic performance of more than two hours in length, and they so clearly love playing live that the audience just gets swept up in the enthusiasm.

Other than Roger Waters, and maybe Radiohead, I haven't seen a better live band in the last decade. Phenomenal !!

Still buzzing the morning after.

BTW, Greaves is still using two of the guitars from the last time I saw them...

As one of their merchandise t-shirts proclaims: Nine Below Zero - Grievous Rhythm & Blues.

[Image: DSC01847.jpg]
"Writing about music is like dancing about architecture"

Unknown
only remember their song "eleven plus eleven"????!!!!!
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.

That's them.

We'll be seeing them live again if they play anywhere near us again. Just had a bit of a spree on some of their albums I don't have, including one in collaboration with Glenn Tillbrook from Squeeze under the moniker The Co-operative.

Unknown
unfortunately their albums were not released here and the cost of gettting import albums was astronomical back in the 1980s so i never got them
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.

There's nothing that beats a live band !!!! and Tiggi , you saw Radiohead Live ???...what were they like my friend ?
 The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
I thought they were fantastic SteveO. They were using an LED lightshow with a 3-dimensional array of tubes suspended from above which could light in any colour, with patterns moving in three dimensions. Amazing visuals. There only seem to be poor quality audience videos of this on YouTube.

Musically they were awesome, and their audience are rabid fanatics.

Web picture to give you an idea of the lighting:

[Image: 2470314594_cb70663202.jpg]

Unknown
Looks INCREDIBLE, Tiggi !!!!
Tiggi Wrote:I thought they were fantastic SteveO. They were using an LED lightshow with a 3-dimensional array of tubes suspended from above which could light in any colour, with patterns moving in three dimensions. Amazing visuals. There only seem to be poor quality audience videos of this on YouTube.

Musically they were awesome, and their audience are rabid fanatics.

Web picture to give you an idea of the lighting:

[Image: 2470314594_cb70663202.jpg]
 The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Chris Isaak 'live' CRAZY-HORSE 0 1,705 09-04-2024, 13:15
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  VIP/Hospitality Tickets for Live Music Events Joni89 0 666 21-02-2023, 11:23
Last Post: Joni89
  Get a Chance to Live Like the King of Pop AustinAbelFrank 3 1,292 18-07-2021, 15:08
Last Post: JeromeD
  crazy price for Crazy Horse 'live' album! CRAZY-HORSE 2 1,097 27-02-2021, 09:25
  Podcasts/Facebook live CRAZY-HORSE 0 506 26-03-2020, 09:27
  Given the chance. Live gig ambernector 21 6,933 07-01-2019, 12:03
Last Post: Jerome
  LIVE IN YOUR FACE ! SteveO 1 969 11-11-2018, 18:15
Last Post: Ruby
  MUSIC NEWS: Steve Winwood to release his first "live" album CRAZY-HORSE 1 1,432 01-09-2017, 13:55
Last Post: SteveO
  Understanding lyrics (Motorhomes - Into the Night) Urch 6 1,708 26-04-2017, 02:31
Last Post: Jerome
  Its different & Rea- One night (Bass Boosted) vaperadio 2 769 28-02-2017, 11:41
Last Post: Music Head