a lot of border line likes here
a potential grower
1.5 from me and a converted 1.5 from the pros at allmusic

from the album - Kinda Girl You Are
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEeNg7IWGu4

released Mar 6th, 2012

[Image: r27259cu8jf.jpg]

Bio - from allmusic

When Tears for Fears sang "Kick out the Style/Bring back the Jam" in "Sowing the Seeds of Love," one can imagine
the lads in Kaiser Chiefs raising their mugs of ale in agreement. Comprised of vocalist Ricky Wilson, guitarist
Andrew White, bassist Simon Rix, keyboardist Nick Baines, and drummer Nick Hodgson, Kaiser Chiefs resurrected the
mod spirit of the Jam in "I Predict a Riot," supercharged class-of-1977 power pop that quickly electrified the
British press when it was released in 2004. The song was inspired by Wilson's days as a club DJ in Leeds, England,
where the group was also formed. The single and Kaiser Chiefs' pogo-inducing, boot-stomping live performances had
them pegged as rising stars in the neo-new wave revolution with Franz Ferdinand, Dogs Die in Hot Cars, and the
Futureheads. When Kaiser Chiefs' first 7", "Oh My God," reached number 66 on the U.K. charts -- a startling
achievement for an unsigned band -- doors opened for the group to share the stage with larger acts, consequently
grabbing the attention of A&R scouts who wanted to sign them. "I Predict a Riot," on the other hand, reeled in U.S.
modern rock radio programmers caught in a blooming new wave revival. Without an American label deal, Kaiser Chiefs
(named after the South African football team) crash-landed on some of the biggest U.S. alternative stations with
the "I Predict a Riot" import single in late 2004. That same year they recorded their debut album, Employment, for
the U.K. label B-Unique. The album was released domestically in the U.S. in spring 2005. The group's follow-up,
Yours Truly, Angry Mob, arrived in the spring of 2007, with Off with Their Heads arriving a year later. The band's
fourth studio album, The Future Is Medieval, arrived in the U.K. in 2011. Four of the tracks, "Out of Focus," "Long
Way from Celebrating," "Dead or in Serious Trouble," and "Coming Up for Air" were swapped out for "On the Run,"
"Cousin in the Bronx," "Problem Solved," and "Can't Mind My Own Business" when it appeared the following year in
the U.S. as Start the Revolution Without Me.

Album Review - from allmusic

Despite the unlikely presence of hotshot producer Mark Ronson, terrace anthem extraordinaires Kaiser Chiefs'
previous album, Off with Their Heads, failed spectacularly to stop the rot that appears to have set in amongst the
wave of British indie pop bands that dominated the mid-2000s, selling just a tenth of their 2005 debut, Employment.
Refusing to admit defeat, the Leeds quintet has continued to think outside the box for its fourth effort, Start the
Revolution Without Me, but this time round it's the release strategy, rather than any changes in musical direction,
that's attracting all the attention. Joining the likes of Radiohead and Ash on the list of bands attempting to
change the way we buy music, Ricky Wilson and company have allowed fans the opportunity to become A&R men by asking
them to choose their favorite ten songs (from 20 made available), running order, and cover artwork from their
official website for a fixed fee. A revolutionary approach it may be, but unfortunately, as evident on this
official 13-track physical release (selected by the band), the actual content never matches the ambition of its
distribution. Perhaps keen to distance themselves from their lager-swilling lad-rock reputation, the Brit Award
winners have suddenly gone all serious, eschewing their trademark singalong choruses and reining in the quirkiness
that briefly made them one of Britain's biggest guitar bands, in favor of a more downbeat and slightly psychedelic
sound that may be less annoyingly infectious but is also ultimately less fun. "Man on Mars" is a substandard Bowie
pastiche (perhaps the fault of producer Tony Visconti), whose lack of memorable melodies suggests the karaoke
singalong part of the promo video was meant to be ironic, while even some Morricone-style twanging guitars and
spacy sound effects can't prevent the lethargy that swamps the mediocre sci-fi score of "Child of the Jago."
However, there are a few signs that the Chiefs are capable of restoring former glories. "Little Shocks" combines
effective horror movie-style synths with Maximo Park-esque angular indie pop to produce one of their best, if not
exactly immediate, singles; "Heard It Break" is a convincing jump aboard the nu-synth bandwagon, and sees Wilson
wittily declare "It feels like I broke my heart again/But it's just a sprain" over a backdrop of steel drums and
dubstep beats; and drummer Nick Hodgson does his best John Lennon impression while taking a rare lead vocal on a
heartfelt message to his father on the string-soaked closer, "If You Will Have Me." But these are few and far
between, and despite its innovative approach, Start the Revolution Without Me is just too disjointed, too
meandering, and too pedestrian to halt their "law of diminishing returns" fate.

Track Listing

1. Little Shocks
2. On the Run
3. Heard It Break
4. Kinda Girl You Are
5. Starts With Nothing
6. When All Is Quiet
7. Cousin in the Bronx
8. Things Change
9. Man on Mars
10. Problem Solved
11. Can't Mind My Own Business
12. Child of Jago
13. If You Will Have Me

glad you did this one MH, was going to do it then decided to do that Jack Wilson piece of crap!, almost same result, so i would have crapped out anyway i guess!

have one of their albums(2005s "employment"), like it a lot, not ventured out to find other one yet though
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.

CRAZY-HORSE Wrote:glad you did this one MH, was going to do it then decided to do that Jack Wilson piece of crap!, almost same result, so i would have crapped out anyway i guess!

have one of their albums(2005s "employment"), like it a lot, not ventured out to find other one yet though

lol
same as me
that's the only one I have
but I did love Ruby, off of Yours Truly Angry Mob

I've heard them live online before...very good live band ! The single sounds a little like The Stones.
 The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NEW ALBUM: Lil Yachty - Let's Start Here Music Head 0 496 09-02-2023, 13:25
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW ALBUM: Kaiser Chiefs "duck" CRAZY-HORSE 1 691 18-01-2020, 13:37
  NEW SINGLE: Kaiser Chiefs "record collection" CRAZY-HORSE 0 535 23-05-2019, 20:33
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  Paul Weller "a kind revolution" CRAZY-HORSE 7 1,204 25-05-2017, 21:47
  Best City to Start a Band. PaintsWithSound 4 1,401 18-11-2016, 03:48
  Green Day "revolution radio" CRAZY-HORSE 1 784 20-10-2016, 12:42
  Kaiser Chiefs "stay together" CRAZY-HORSE 0 736 07-10-2016, 22:57
  NOEL GALLAGHER'S HIGH FLYING BIRDS "revolution song" CRAZY-HORSE 1 884 03-03-2015, 17:47
Last Post: SteveO
  THE USED "revolution" CRAZY-HORSE 3 947 14-04-2014, 14:41
  KAISER CHIEFS "coming home" CRAZY-HORSE 3 1,286 10-04-2014, 22:08