I always wonder who's playing the computer
not my thing but it may be yours
1.1 from me and not yet rated by the pros at allmusic

from the album - Longevity
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNWyuzEd06A

released Aug 21st, 2012

[Image: 61GZb6bqueL._SL500_AA300_.jpg]

Bio - from allmusic

The music of Brooklyn's Yeasayer is an eclectic, genre-bending journey into pop, rock, Middle Eastern and African
musics, folk, and dub. Vocalist/keyboardist Chris Keating and vocalist/guitarist Anand Wilder were both raised in
Baltimore, where they honed their vocal skills in a barbershop quartet and played in a high-school band, Sic
Transit, before leaving town to attend different colleges. Years later, the two relocated to New York and began
shaping the project that would soon become Yeasayer. Wilder's cousin, Ira Wolf Tuton, joined as the group's bassist,
and drummer Luke Fasano was the last member to climb aboard in May 2006.

The band set to work on recording its debut album, All Hour Cymbals, which was unveiled to much critical acclaim
(not to mention a healthy blogosphere buzz) in October 2007. International tour dates and festival appearances
followed, during which the band honed its blend of live instrumentation and prerecorded samples. When it came time
to record a second album, Yeasayer traveled to Woodstock, NY, and rented out the country home of percussionist Jerry
Marotta. The resulting record, Odd Blood, appeared in early 2010 and showcased a different side of the band, with
synthetic sounds and dance-inspired production playing a much larger role. Odd Blood proved even more successful
than its predecessor in terms of album sales, and Yeasayer continued to tour internationally. In the fall of 2011,
work began for the group's third album, Fragrant World. A continuation of the murkier textures of Odd Blood, the
album featured guest appearances from string player Kishi Bashi and Nomo's Elliot Bergman. The album was slated for
release in the summer of 2012.

Album Review - from allmusic

Brooklyn indie experimentalists Yeasayer return with their third album, Fragrant World, a continuation of the murky
textures and psychedelic melodies of their sophomore effort, 2010's Odd Blood. The album was recorded in various
Brooklyn studios throughout the fall of 2011, with mixing sessions taking place in the early months of 2012 and the
finishing touches being handled by Bat for Lashes producer Dan Carey in London. Apart from a broad range of
hallucinatory experiments with synthesizers and effects pedals by the band, special guests were called in to augment
the cracked pop songs, including Kishi Bashi on strings and a kalimba overdub from Nomo's Elliot Bergman. Before the
album's release, the band and their label conducted a digital scavenger hunt, hiding links to YouTube videos for
each of the albums 11 tracks on various websites, allowing fans to search them out and stream the album in its
entirety weeks before the release. The videos added incredibly trippy visuals to the songs, and acted as teasers for
the record, being disabled a few days after all their locations were widely reported on.

Track Listing

1. Fingers Never Bleed
2. Longevity
3. Blue Paper
4. Henrietta
5. Devil and the Deed
6. No Bones
7. Reagan's Skeleton
8. Demon Road
9. Damaged Goods
10. Folk Hero Shtick
11. Glass of the Microscope
This is too good,wow some music i actually like.i am confident that this might be their best album yet.
really?

doesnt say much for their other albums LOL!
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.

My score (and I like the electronic music) - 0/10
If this is their best album I sure don't want to hear the rest. Sounds like their equipment was short circuiting while they were recording.......
Sounds like Michael Jackson on acid recorded in a public toilet.
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
damn, you guys are tough today

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NEW ALBUM: Yo La Tengo - This Stupid World Music Head 0 394 08-01-2024, 12:24
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW ALBUM: Wild Child - End Of The World Music Head 0 410 22-08-2023, 11:18
  NEW ALBUM: Public Image Ltd. - End Of World Music Head 2 510 19-08-2023, 05:28
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW ALBUM: Neil Young & Crazy Horse - "world record" CRAZY-HORSE 0 284 17-11-2022, 23:34
  NEW SONG: AJR - World's Smallest Violin Music Head 0 693 09-10-2022, 11:04
  NEW ALBUM: Bright Eyes - down in the weeds, where the world once was CRAZY-HORSE 1 423 06-09-2020, 12:33
  NEW SONG: MGMT "as you move through the world" CRAZY-HORSE 0 503 31-03-2020, 13:18
  NEW ALBUM: Chainsmokers - World War Joy Music Head 1 838 23-12-2019, 17:50
  NEW ALBUM: Jimmy Eat World - Surviving Music Head 0 642 05-11-2019, 13:08
  NEW ALBUM: Stick Figure - World On Fire Music Head 0 545 15-09-2019, 12:37