Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Live or studio music
:nod:Is live music actually live, or is it studio music in disguise? What do you Think? Please reply.
i prefer studio albums to 'live' sets...rarely buy them unless ive seen the artist live or the artist is a favourite of mine...if im going to buy something live i will generally go for bluray/dvd....
i do generally take note and watch live tracks on youtube,purely to see if the artist can do it live in concert...if i feel they are the equal to, or better than their studio recordings they generally get my seal of approval...

example....not a big fan of Nickelback albums, but in concert their performance is far superior to the studio band...on the other side of the coin, Elton john cant cut it as live performer anymore,so i'd rather listen to his studio recordings(same goes for Meatloaf)

IMO an artist needs to be able to perform live to be a good artist...as any fool can get by with technology/autotune in a studio setting!
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.

I think that some musicians do pre-recorded songs for shows, but I do know that some bands do not do that.

an example of pre-recorded:
[video=youtube;O1BLO0vw2p4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1BLO0vw2p4[/video]:nod:
I prefer DVD, YouTube live sets as well as live CDs for the most part. However I obviously also like studio releases as I usually try to get the newest concerts but in many cases you can't so I go with the studio version.

As CH said, the artist has to perform well live without the techy studio gadgets to prove to me that he, she or they are a genuine artist. Madonna obviously lip synched in her Super Bowl performance...not good!

I've been told by CH and my brother actually that Nickelback is much better live than studio and I think a band like Deep Purple are better live than on a studio album. There are numerous examples I'm sure.

Many say that The Who's Live at Leeds album from over 40 years ago, is the cream of the crop as far as live albums go. Believe me there wasn't an ounce of studio on that album !!!!! If there's any hanky panky going on for live recordings then it's 100 per cent proof that the artist can't cut it live. The relationship between the artist and the fans in a concert setting is the supreme connection IMHO !...I love it when the crowd sings along...the perfprmer must get a real rush from that!
 The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
Hi Everyone! Thanks for viewing and replying to my last thread. As you have smartly pointed out some musicians are better in live music and others in studio music. A few musicians are

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Billboard Music Charts For 2024 Music Head 50 5,338 17-09-2024, 19:40
Last Post: Music Head
  Chris Isaak 'live' CRAZY-HORSE 0 1,706 09-04-2024, 13:15
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  Who is your favorite DJ (music)? sing-a-long 2 1,143 18-02-2024, 06:13
  my christmas haul of music CRAZY-HORSE 0 1,285 29-12-2023, 01:40
  Billboard Music Charts For 2023 Music Head 74 12,483 27-12-2023, 13:10
Smile What year is your favorite in hiphop music? sing-a-long 1 852 17-10-2023, 04:36
  Vintage Music Reviews Ruby 2 505 08-10-2023, 16:51
Last Post: Music Head
  When I say 'relaxing music' what are some of the first albums that come to mind? TraceNspace 19 4,295 07-10-2023, 06:56
Last Post: JeromeD
  What are some STUDIO albums that you can truthfully say that you like all the songs o SteveO 193 25,314 17-08-2023, 03:53
Last Post: James Otto Sweet Heart
  Artistic Music Videos Sylwira 0 494 13-07-2023, 08:03
Last Post: Sylwira