Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Local Bands
#1
So - what bands are popular where you are - and nowhere else?

The internet means that these are usually accessible worldwide - so I thought it would be interesting to listen to who's notable where you are.

For me - some popular local (N.Ireland) bands are (and I apologise for any mis-genre'ing).

Alloy Mental - Techno Punk
Oppenheimer - Synth Pop
In Case Of Fire - trying to be the Mars Volta
Steer Clear - Pop/Emo

(all are on last.fm)
Reply
#2
I'm a bit out of touch with my local music scene.

I know there are loads of bands who do pub gigs locally, but wouldn't have a clue which ones are on the interweb.

I shall investigate...
Reply
#3
There's a lot of local hardcore bands that are really popular here, most of them really bad.
[URL="http://www.fictionpress.com/%7Edoriane"]
[/URL]
Reply
#4
Ohh there are SOOO many, it would be IMPOSSIBLE to list them all, but I figure I will mention a few just to keep this thread going. :Wink:

Faber Drive - rock/pop punk
Tupelo Honey - rock/alt rock
Daniel Wesley - rock/pop
Jo Hikk - country rock
Corb Lund - country

But seriously, Canada is just BUSTING with talent if I may say so. :Wink:

:coffee:
Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders & says ...
'Oh shit....she's awake!!'

http://www.theportalmagazine.com
http://www.myspace.com/theportalmagazine
http://www.twitter.com/theportalmag
http://www.myspace.com/sweetcjfan
Reply


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  "Fun" bands--an ongoing series jazzboCR 18 6,880 30-09-2014, 05:40
Last Post: jazzboCR
  modern "territory" bands jazzboCR 2 2,113 26-02-2014, 18:08
Last Post: jazzboCR
  Band Promotion/Radio - (A MUST for bands) songspire 0 927 25-06-2012, 13:27
Last Post: songspire
  What bands are you into at the moment? Till I Die 15 4,359 03-11-2011, 17:03
Last Post: TraceNspace
  How would you rate your local music scene? Crossroads Angel 0 1,625 22-07-2008, 05:57
Last Post: Crossroads Angel

Forum Jump: