Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Stoffe from Sweden, singandsongwriter etc
#1
Hello friends in music Smile

This seems to be a nice forum and I hope that I am welcome here, to get some answers and to join your community Smile
Swedish is my mother language but I lived in the UK for a few years so I learned English pretty good, even though I don't spell that well, I hope that is OK with you. Please tell me if my spelling is too badly, hehe!

My name is Christoffer and was born in Stockholm, Sweden a long time ago Wink Yeah, 40 years almost, so I am beginning to be an old "not-so-famous-rock star", hehe! People call me "Stoffe" that is, and have always been my nickname.

I have been playing the guitar since I was around 13 years old, and played in several rock bands since I was 14. The last band I played with was a rock cover band. We started that band just to get some stage time and for having fun. I sanged as well as played the guitar in that band and we actaully earned some money as well Smile Before that I have played in several bands, some more successful than others but a few local hits have been produced Smile
Me and my family moved from the big city (yeah, depending on your references right) to a smaller "village" an hour away from Stockholm to give our sons (3 and 5) a little more stable childhood than me and my girlfriend was raised in...
Anyhow.....since then, I haven't more than stepped in at bass, guitar and on song in different bands maybe six or seven times and I really miss being on the stage. That rush is sort of my life.
I have written more than 300 songs and if I'm not mistaken, 17 of them have been recorded to a proper cd (last one was five years ago). Two of them were local radio hits (but not with me as singer Smile

So to keep up with my main interest...I have tried a little home recording on my own, and I am trying to learn how to master that. I've been to studios a million times and been sitting beside producers while they have mixed our previous work, and it have always looked so easy. Lately I have found out that producing music is everything but easy. It depends on everything from how close you mic up your amp to levels in your DAW to get a decent result. I am not good at this yet, but I am trying and is determinded to be good at it....some day.....some time Smile

I have i soundcloud page where I post my new stuff but so far I haven't got any song that I have given more than a few hours on recording. Yesterday I recorded a song that I basically wrote at the same time. I played it for a few friends today and they think that it could be a good song when it is ready.

https://soundcloud.com/stoffemannen/im-sick

Please give me feedback on what you think and if you have any suggestions on changes. I know that the lead guitar sucks a bit but I will remake it.
Remember that I play all the instruments and the vocals in all of these productions and my main instrument would probably be the guitar Wink
Please let me know what you think, good or bad? Enyoj!

Best regards
Christoffer AKA "Stoffe" AKA "Stoffemannen"
https://soundcloud.com/stoffemannen
Reply


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Greetings from Sweden GunnarFirebeard 1 1,059 08-04-2014, 21:08
Last Post: SteveO
  Hi from sweden phishsweden 5 2,282 01-02-2011, 13:20
Last Post: Music Head

Forum Jump: