clip is probably my fav
1.6 from me and a converted 2.1 from allmusic

artist web site - http://www.coldwarkids.com/site/dmlh2012-splash

from the album - Miracle Mile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vq3mLvnBcTo

released Apr 2nd

[Image: MI0003500210.jpg?partner=allrovi.com]

Bio - from allmusic

Long Beach, California's Cold War Kids make music with roots that go deep and wide, embracing
influences as diverse as Bob Dylan, Billie Holiday, Jeff Buckley, and the Velvet Underground.
Vocalist/guitarist/pianist Nathan Willett, bassist Matt Maust, drummer Matt Aveiro, and
guitarist Jonnie Russell began crafting their soulful, blues-inflected take on indie rock as
Cold War Kids in 2004, recording demos in Los Angeles soon after they formed. After signing to
Monarchy Music, Cold War Kids released their debut EP, Mulberry Street, in spring 2005. The
band's unique sound and impassioned live act generated a buzz -- particularly from bloggers --
that grew with each tour and release. Maust's clean but eye-catching designs for EPs like With
Our Wallets Full and Up in Rags and the group's website also added to Cold War Kids' mystique.
They spent much of 2006 on the road with Tapes 'n Tapes, Figurines, Sound Team, and Editors,
and appeared at that year's Lollapalooza. That summer, they signed to Downtown Records, also
home to Art Brut and Gnarls Barkley. The band's full-length debut, Robbers & Cowards, arrived
that fall. Loyalty to Loyalty, which moved in a slower, bluesier direction, was released in
2008. On Behave Yourself, an EP that had a digital release late in 2009 and was issued on CD
early in 2010, Cold War Kids emphasized their soulful ballads. In 2010 the band went into the
studio with Grammy-winning producer Jacquire King (Tom Waits, Kings of Leon). Their third
album, Mine Is Yours, arrived in early 2011. For 2013's Dear Miss Lonelyhearts, the band added
former Modest Mouse and Murder City Devils guitarist Dann Gallucci (who co-produced the album
with Lars Stalfors) to the fold.

Album Review - from allmusic

After spending a couple of albums teetering on the edge between too quirky and too bland, Cold
War Kids regain their balance on Dear Miss Lonelyhearts. This is their first album to feature
former Modest Mouse and Murder City Devils guitarist Dann Gallucci, and it's hard not to see
his addition as one of the main reasons the band sounds more focused and confident than it has
in some time (especially since he co-produced the album). "Miracle Mile" kicks things off with
one of Cold War Kids' boldest statements of purpose: as it unfolds from pounding pianos into a
song about coming back strong, it's clear that they've reined in both the slickness of Mine Is
Yours and the theatrics of Loyalty to Loyalty. Throughout much of Dear Miss Lonelyhearts, it
feels like the band has something to prove, particularly on "Lost That Easy," a defiant anthem
about never giving up. Likewise, "Jailbirds" and the brassy "Water & Power" nail the big,
lighters-aloft sound Cold War Kids strove for on Mine Is Yours much more naturally. They also
play to their strength with ballads on "Fear & Trembling," which stays on the right side of the
fine line between dramatic and histrionic, and "Tuxedos," a meditation on crashing weddings
that rivals their early work in its soulful simplicity. The band even manages to play with some
new sounds in a way that doesn't sound like dabbling on "Loner Phase" and "Bottled Affection,"
where keyboards and drum machines add a little adventure without detracting from Nathan
Willett's bluesy yelp. Still, Dear Miss Lonelyhearts is more about what the band does best
rather than breaking new ground, and the result is some of Cold War Kids' most promising and
satisfying music since their debut.

Track Listing

1. Miracle Mile
2. Lost That Easy
3. Loner Phase
4. Fear & Trembling
5. Tuxedos
6. Bottled Affection
7. Jailbirds
8. Water & Power
9. Dear Miss Lonelyhearts
10. Bitter Poem

I have one of their albums which im not overly impressed with and the single ive already heard does nothing to change that
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.

is the single the track I posted?

Ive heard track 1 and 5
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.

I probably have the same album...not bad not great!..they do try to present a 'different' sound I'll admit.
 The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NEW ALBUM: Miss Grit - Follow The Cyborg Music Head 0 293 01-01-2024, 12:59
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW ALBUM: Michael Head & The Red Elastic Band "dear scott" CRAZY-HORSE 0 346 10-06-2022, 18:29
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW "ep" - Tones And I "the kids are coming" CRAZY-HORSE 0 566 28-09-2019, 07:07
  NEW SINGLE: Tones And I "the kids are coming" CRAZY-HORSE 0 655 28-09-2019, 06:56
  NEW SINGLE: Dear Creature "strange ways" CRAZY-HORSE 2 621 04-08-2017, 13:41
  Dune Rats "the kids will know its bullshit" CRAZY-HORSE 6 1,069 12-02-2017, 21:05
Last Post: bob_32_116
  Cold War Kids "love is mystical" CRAZY-HORSE 1 670 05-02-2017, 12:38
  Lucy Spraggan "dear you" CRAZY-HORSE 2 709 04-11-2016, 19:33
  OneRepublic - Kids Music Head 0 596 25-10-2016, 10:38
  Julia Jacklin "dont let the kids win" CRAZY-HORSE 0 566 15-10-2016, 12:05