Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Hi guys, new member from Montreal Canada!
#1
Hi everybody, my name is Steven and I'm from Montreal Canada. I'm 23 years old. I love pop metal, alternative rock, hard rock, indie, folk rock, anything that is beautiful and simple, but well written enough. Actually, I'm a sucker for ballads. They kind of remind me that beauty can be found in simple things and I'm pretty nostalgic so the biggest playlist on my Ipod is dedicated to my favorite ballads. I'll post them here. It is one of the reasons why I came here, to discover more gems like these (subjectively speaking of course), discover new bands and probably open my mind about music in general. I feel that I'm very hard to satisfy musically speaking, and by this I don't mean that my tastes are better or finer, simply that finding THE next song/band/solo artist that'll make my heart beat and bleed is a complicated task for me. I'm trying really hard to adopt new sensations but it always seems to end up in 'meh!' (sigh). I'm a drummer and a clean singer/screamer and I'm studying to be a Social Worker. I'm a very romantic person (hence why ballads are so important) and a very sensitive and caring person too. Alright, that'll do for today. Smile

Here's my playlist:

The Paper Kites -Woodland - Bloom (Bonus Track)
Opeth - Watershed - Burden
Opeth - Ghost Reveries - Isolation Years
Opeth - Blackwater Park - Harvest
Fightstar - Be Human - Follow Me Into The Darkness
Fightstar - One Day Son, This Will All Be Yours - Our Last Common Ancestor
Fightstar - A City On Fire - Vincent (Cover)
Fightstar - Grand Unification - Mono
Soap & Skin - Lovetune For Vacuum – Cynthia
Soap & Skin - Lovetune For Vacuum - Turbine Womb
Apparat - The Devil's Walk - Goodbye (With Soap & Skin)
Malajube - Labyrinthes - Dragon De Glace (French Canadian Band)
Malajuge - Trompe l'oeil - Étienne D'août
Mastodon - The Hunter - The Sparrow
Charlie Simpson - Young Pilgrim - Thorns
Charlie Simpson - Young Pilgrim - All at Once
Charlie Simpson - Young Pilgrim - If I Lose It
Charlie Simson - Young Pilgrim - Riverbanks
Thrice - Vheissu - Red Sky
System Of A Down - Steal This Album – Roulette
Slipknot - All Hope Is Gone - Snuff
Slipknot - Vol. 3 - Subliminal Verses - Vermillion Pt. 2
Seether - Tongue - Karma & Effect - Tongue
Serj Tankian - Elect The Dead Symphony - Gate 21
Robb Flynn - Die Young (Black Sabbath Accoustic Cover)
Ray Charles - You Are My Sunshine - You Don't Know Me
Radiohead - There There (Live in Paris Video Version)
Queen - A Night At The Opera - Love Of My Life
Porcupine Tree - Fear Of A Blank Planet - My Ashes
Muse - Showbiz - Unintended
Muse - Hullabaloo - Hyper Chondriac Music
One Last Wish - Casper Soundtrack - James Horner
Sarah's Theme - (not sure how I found the whole version, Hocus Pocus) - James Horner
Him - Razorblade Romance - One Last Time
Him - Love Metal - The Funeral Of Hearts
Evanescence - Fallen - My Immortal (No Band Version)
Danger Mouse & Daniele Luppi - Rome - Black (Feat. Norah Jones)
Chicago - The Best Of Chicago - Wishing You Were Here
Burt Bacharach & Elvis Costello - I'll Never Fall In Love Again
Blonde Redhead - Misery Is A Butterfly
Sarah McLachlan - Adia
Reply
#2
ohhhhh man i liked yo introo,yo playlist. a and lastly man u really have a perfect choice of music.
u reallly nailled it,u can really achieve it.
Reply
#3
Welcome aboard MD, Steve! You have quite an eclectic choice of music! I love Opeth!!!!
 The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
Reply
#4
Hey! I'm a newbie as well! I loved your intro and your music choices. We should chat some more. :blah:
Reply


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hi guys athoszet 3 1,513 04-09-2021, 06:31
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  new member looking for in-depth discussions on metal and/or rap. QMobs 9 7,073 26-05-2018, 03:27
Last Post: QMobs
  New member from Japan KIITA 6 3,739 29-04-2018, 22:34
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  Hey guys, I'm G DaReLux Baseballbatrap 6 2,908 15-03-2017, 17:24
Last Post: Baseballbatrap
  Hullo guys (& gals) No good hobo 2 1,919 05-02-2017, 14:31
Last Post: No good hobo
  Hi guys! luis131 10 3,711 07-01-2017, 18:51
Last Post: luis131
  New Member Terminal Fear - UK 8 3,619 27-12-2016, 11:33
Last Post: Jerome
  Hello guys! Neeo 0 1,146 08-07-2016, 15:12
Last Post: Neeo
  howdy guys Pink Floyd Fan 1999 6 3,074 08-07-2016, 11:08
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  hey guys David Cronin 4 2,610 01-06-2016, 07:30
Last Post: bob_32_116

Forum Jump: