• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Iggy Pop - Post Pop Depression
enters the Billboard Top 200 Albums chart this week at #17

from the Spotify world

[Image: 220px-Post_Pop_Depression_%28Front_Cover%29.png]

his seventeenth album and his highest charting ever
Iggy is catching on
and not Azalea either
nice group here with Iggy picking up 2 members of QOSA and Arctic Monkeys drummer
a lot of Bowie sounding material
tops my imaginary list for the year
no official single released

tv gig to promote

[video=youtube;79LnaLLLwnY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79LnaLLLwnY[/video]

Still not getting Iggy Pop. Sorry.

Hey dude, just because David Bowie passed away doesn't give you the right to take his spot.

Geez, what a worm.
"Sh-boom was the last great song ever written." ~ My Mom
im with you Uncle Salty
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.

Passenger is good by Iggy! An artist I really haven't listened to that much...too much music...some are bound to slip through the cracks! Searching for some good live country albums this week! Any recommendations my fellow members?
 The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
I think this is a great album...if your expecting a Stooges album or a hard rocking Iggy album like from the late 80's/early 90's this isn't it but it is more inline with New Values or the Idiot. Yeah...there's a huge Bowie influence on it but heck the 2 of them made some great music together. My favorite Tracks are Paraquay, Break into Your Heart, & Chocolate Drops. I'm happy with the album but I am a huge fan of Iggy.
BB on Mars Wrote:I'm happy with the album but I am a huge fan of Iggy.

So....you're the one.

Kidding. Yea, I respect what Iggy's done, but I've just never been able to groove on it.
"Sh-boom was the last great song ever written." ~ My Mom
uncle salty Wrote:So....you're the one.

Kidding. Yea, I respect what Iggy's done, but I've just never been able to groove on it.

Yeah...go figure!... All I know is that I never heard him but kept seeing him in Rock Scene & Creem magazines in the 70's when I was buying them for Kiss articles. Then one day I was at a friend's house drinking some beer & listening to tunes around 1980 & he had Lust for Life & Metallic KO Live. He put on Lust for Life & it sounded like he was singing with a metal garbage can over his head & that live album had the worst version of Louie Louie I ever heard but I ended up borrowing those albums & slowly became a fan. At first it was just funny to me but all of a sudden I thought his albums were great(I still get a kick out of his lyrics!). Anyway, same thing happened to me with the Ramones & Johnny Thunders as well! I'm just a music freak...not much I really don't like
so fuc...g excellent album.

not par with first 3 stoogees but close.

idiot rules too.

(as I'm one too)

... Keep your 'lectric eye on me babe
Put your ray gun to my head ...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NEW SONG: Iggy Pop - "personal Jesus" CRAZY-HORSE 0 331 23-11-2023, 12:15
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW ALBUM: Post Malone - The Diamond Collection Music Head 0 358 16-08-2023, 12:15
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW ALBUM: Post Malone - Austin Music Head 0 578 10-08-2023, 11:42
  NEW SONG: Post Malone - Overdrive Music Head 0 334 28-07-2023, 11:17
  NEW SINGLE: Iggy Pop - "strung out johnny" CRAZY-HORSE 0 345 15-01-2023, 07:55
  NEW SONG: Iggy Pop - "frenzy" CRAZY-HORSE 1 480 11-01-2023, 11:00
Last Post: Ruby
  NEW SONG: Post Malone - Only Wanna Be With You Music Head 1 332 12-03-2021, 21:41
  NEW ALBUM: Post Malone - Hollywood's Bleeding Music Head 0 462 18-09-2019, 13:08
  NEW ALBUM: Iggy Pop "free" CRAZY-HORSE 0 456 07-09-2019, 09:40
  NEW SINGLE: Iggy Pop "james bond" CRAZY-HORSE 0 379 02-08-2019, 10:48