Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Finally... I can sit down, have a couple shots of Crown Royal Black...
#1
and lsiten to The Dead's Europe '72 Volume 2!
You can live in staunch denile and mark me as your enemy, but I'm just a voice among the throng who want a brighter destiny, and say with me, "We are the New America!" -Greg Graffin
Reply
#2
Your considered opinion, please Mr Gater...
"Writing about music is like dancing about architecture"

Unknown
Reply
#3
Hey Tiggi! IMHO, it's a very strong set they have assembled from what many Deadheads think was their high water mark tour. While I (believe it or not) am not really a Deadhead, I do have all the other releases from that tour, except the massive 73 disc set. That being said, the mix is great, and the "Dark Star/Drums/The Other One" blending on disc 2 has instantly become one of my fav Dark Star related jams, and at just over an hour, the band stretches out without meandering, and always with purpose and direction.

All-in-all. it is a must have for 'Heads, and I would recommend this disc and the original '72 to casual fans to get a good taste of The Dead Live and at their peak, especially because Vol. 2 provides some Dead standards that make it very accessible to even casual fans.
You can live in staunch denile and mark me as your enemy, but I'm just a voice among the throng who want a brighter destiny, and say with me, "We are the New America!" -Greg Graffin
Reply
#4
Thanks for that, man.

I'll be finishing off a first listen of my newly acquired Vault box set later this evening...
"Writing about music is like dancing about architecture"

Unknown
Reply
#5
Good stuff there! I have those shows in their seperate release form. Three from the vault is pretty rare now.
You can live in staunch denile and mark me as your enemy, but I'm just a voice among the throng who want a brighter destiny, and say with me, "We are the New America!" -Greg Graffin
Reply


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NEW TRACK: STEVE HACKETT & STEVE ROTHERY - "The Black Sea" Ruby 0 338 27-06-2026, 15:43
Last Post: Ruby
  NEW ALBUM: Black Keys - Peaches! Music Head 0 401 17-05-2026, 11:33
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW ALBUM: Black Crowes - "a pound of feathers" CRAZY-HORSE 0 483 22-03-2026, 06:02
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW ALBUM: Black Crowes - Happiness Bastards Music Head 0 859 31-03-2024, 12:29
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW SINGLE: Phillip Sayce - "black moon" CRAZY-HORSE 0 744 24-02-2024, 06:09
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW ALBUM: Black Keys - Dropout Boogie Music Head 1 877 29-05-2022, 00:24
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW SONG: Beth Hart "black dog" CRAZY-HORSE 1 821 07-03-2022, 19:08
Last Post: JeromeD
  NEW ALBUM: Styx - Crash Of The Crown Music Head 4 1,889 20-09-2021, 10:37
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW ALBUM: Black Keys - Delta Kream Music Head 0 754 28-05-2021, 12:43
Last Post: Music Head
  ElariGuitar presents new cover (black pearl) Adim 1 1,975 09-11-2020, 15:01
Last Post: Jerome

Forum Jump: