Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
T-Pain - Revolver
online listen
Mr. auto-tune, used on all tracks
it does it's job for me by automatically tuning me out
liked one track which is the clip and must be the single
used the live clip from the Leno show as it is actually better than the studio (no auto-tune)
the studio uses the Lily Allen sample which is better for that and probably makes the song
the girl on the Leno clip is pretty good also, but really needs to work on those hips
T-Pains goggles are so awesome, the song wouldn't sound the same without them
1.1 from me and a converted 2.1 from the pros at allmusic

from the album - 5 O'Clock
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-Mv84zlqG4

released Dec 6th, 2011

[Image: q96984dgroa.jpg]

from all music

Bio

Tallahassee-based MC and vocalist T-Pain (born Faheem Najm) came up in a rap group called Nappy Headz but went pro
as a solo R&B artist after he recorded "I'm F**ked Up," a personal take on Akon's Top Ten hit "Locked Up." Akon
heard the track and took T-Pain under his wing with a contract on his Jive-distributed Konvict Muzik label.
Produced and written mostly by T-Pain, Rappa Ternt Sanga was released in December 2005, led by the Top 20 single
"I'm Sprung." Epiphany followed in June 2007. His 2008 album, Thr33 Ringz, was conceptually based around the circus
and played up the singer's "Ringleader Man" persona. rEvolver, which followed in 2011, was another conceptual
effort, this time putting the focus on how much T-Pain had evolved since his previous effort.

Album Review

Forget the steampunk motif and the obvious assertion of “evolution” that’s “hidden” in this album’s title, because
T-Pain’s fourth effort is no great leap forward for the Auto-Tune King, and it’s entirely less conceptual than his
previous effort, the big top-minded Thr33 Ringz. Good news is that rEVOLVEr still feels like a circus right from
the “Bang Bang Pow Pow” beginning, a post-Black Eyed Peas circus with T-Pain upping the electro and special
effects, all as if he were auditioning for his own Super Bowl half-time show. On this opening cut, Lil Wayne
creates an amazing meta circle with his line “I go so hard, they call me ‘Go So Hard’” before “Bottlez” gives the
“up in the club”-style track new life with its incredibly strange bass grind from producer Catalyst. Up next, DJ
Chuckie gives the album its grand David Guetta moment with a slick dance beat while adding party starter Pitbull to
the cut to make sure that “It’s Not You (It’s Me)” is ready for prime time. Elsewhere, it’s love in the time of 4G
networks with the socially networked “Default Picture,” an ode to racially mixed women with “Mix’d Girl,” and if
you’re lucky enough to land a deluxe version of the album, another ode to all the “7’s” of the world with the
pathos-free “Regular Girl.” The man’s overuse of Auto-Tune is now a given, and here it coats all of his heartfelt
moments with robotic perfection, but it is surprising how T-Pain’s gigantic producer hat remains off save a handful
of cuts, with names like Dr. Luke, Young Fyre, and the Bizness all contributing beats. T-Pain, the man, the singer,
and the mobile app entrepreneur, moves to the foreground here, and with no Fergie in the way, he’s like a mega
will.i.am armed with a dirtier mind. Add the near perfect singalong “5 O’Clock” with Lily Allen and Wiz Khalifa and
some unashamed R&B of epic R. Kelly proportions, and you’ve got an album that’s either ridiculous or ridiculously
fun depending on your point of view.

Track Listing

1. Bang Bang Pow Pow Feat. Lil Wayne
2. Bottlez Feat. Details
3. It's Not You (It's Me) Feat. Pitbull
4. Default Picture
5. 5 O'Clock Feat. Lily Allen & Wiz Khalifa
6. Sho-Time (Pleasure Thang)
7. Rock Bottom
8. Look at Her Go Feat. Chris Brown
9. Mix'd Girl
10. I Don't Give a F---
11. Drowning Again Feat. One Chance
12. When I Come Home
13. Best Love Song Feat. Chris Brown
14. Turn All the Lights On Feat. Ne-Yo

that " 5 o'clock" song gets loads of airplay here...simply aweful IMO, have no intention on getting this one, and not keen on the link either
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.

CRAZY-HORSE Wrote:that " 5 o'clock" song gets loads of airplay here...simply aweful IMO, have no intention on getting this one, and not keen on the link either
not even the goggles?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NEW ALBUM: Meek Mill - Expensive Pain Music Head 1 533 13-10-2021, 12:38
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW ALBUM: Moneybagg Yo - A Gangsta's Pain Music Head 1 537 05-05-2021, 12:09
  NEW SONG: Meek Mill ft. Lil Durk - Pain Away Music Head 0 284 06-12-2020, 12:19
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW ALBUM: Toosii - Poetic Pain Music Head 0 810 04-10-2020, 12:17
  NEW SINGLE: Tory Lanez & T-Pain - Jerry Sprunger Music Head 0 416 24-11-2019, 12:03
  NEW SINGLE: YoungBoy Never Broke Again - Valuable Pain Music Head 0 547 21-01-2019, 12:47
  Kid Cudi - Passion, Pain & Demon Slayin' Music Head 0 464 31-12-2016, 13:24
  Tank - Sex Love & Pain II Music Head 1 792 02-02-2016, 23:18
  T-Pain ft. B.o.B. - Up Down (Do This All Day) Music Head 0 497 05-12-2013, 11:33
  Eminem ft. Sia - Beautiful Pain Music Head 0 668 21-11-2013, 11:00