Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The perfect Concert Experience
When one of the bands I love is playing I am sure the concert is gonna be good! I believe some other aspects, besides the band, can make a concert really good or really bad though... What do you guys think? What aspects are important for a perfect concert experience?
being able to either replicate or be better than how their studio albums sound is so important to me

then secondly, being able to put on a good show/act on stage....prime example being KISS who are worth watching live for the theatrics alone!
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.

me being the only one there

No doubt the ultimate experience overshadowing studio albums and live albums even is the Live Concert!...I like it when the band or artist "stretches out" so to speak...maybe a longer version of a studio song, good banter with their fans and a concert that moves me....(Paul McCartney did that for me three years ago)!

Studio albums pale in comparison to the actual live concert. If not the concert then YouTube, DVD, or a live album that shows the true talent of the artist!..they have no where to hide and the connection between their fans and themselves is all that matters in the end !

Bands love playing live obviously. That's what they all strive for ! They get an unbelievable rush from the crowd ! That's why the Stones are still playing live??? or toured for so long.
 The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
I saw KISS ions ago...late seventies ....what a great show!!!!!
CRAZY-HORSE Wrote:being able to either replicate or be better than how their studio albums sound is so important to me

then secondly, being able to put on a good show/act on stage....prime example being KISS who are worth watching live for the theatrics alone!
 The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
For me the structure of the place is really important! I was in a festival in Brazil and after some hours I need to go to the bathroom. The line was insanely huge and I spent almost the half of the Kings of Leon show on it! I got sooo pieced!
I want the artist on stage to connect with me somehow. I love their music I want them to show me the love. The best bands/performers do this sometime. Sincerely performing their songs, actually talking to the audience and making some connection. Otherwise, I can just sit/listen and watch the video screens same as in my living room.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Series on the headphone experience ... Ruby 1 302 03-09-2020, 22:39
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  Concert comeback? bruckner6 1 472 07-06-2020, 10:35
Last Post: Mecc
  Covid-19 charity concert CRAZY-HORSE 0 323 07-04-2020, 20:44
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  First Concert Music Head 20 4,291 08-10-2018, 18:36
Last Post: SteveO
  Concert Memories - UK SUBS Snowman999 0 581 01-03-2017, 23:31
Last Post: Snowman999
  UB40 concert ulimusic 1 1,165 16-08-2016, 23:15
Last Post: ulimusic
  SHEL- I'M JUST A SHADOW (Echoes' Living Room Concert) EchoesMusic 0 746 02-08-2016, 19:02
Last Post: EchoesMusic
  Kenny G concert in Vietnam 13 10 2015 thaonakun 1 1,024 19-04-2016, 04:06
Last Post: Jerome
  Academic research on SoundCloud mobile app User Experience kiranote 2 1,275 28-12-2015, 22:35
Last Post: kiranote
  Perfect pitch mnemonics Johnny 0 892 27-12-2015, 01:42
Last Post: Johnny