Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Could use some feedback on this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIg6uG5YfHw&feature=plcp

Any feedback would be appreciated and please look at my other pieces as well if time permits! These are all original pieces written by me. Thank you for your time!
Hi,

Lovely Stewart! I'm enjoying the 5 minute one now too. Can you embed these videos in music-discussion? You look nice in the black jacket.. he he..

Wishing you successes.

Teo
[video=youtube;61CEJxGRzf0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61CEJxGRzf0&feature=autoplay&list=ULh4JS1C zte_s&playnext=1[/video]
Wow you went/go to Berkeley? And thank you so much for the encouragement! I'm wanting to go to school for music composition.
I'm FROM Berkeley, not Berklee..
Stewart Wrote:...I'm wanting to go to school for music composition.
I found out, you can buy the syllabus, then see what books are used in the classes, and buy the books yourself, study yourself, kapitsch? If you really want to learn composition, the tools are available - and also a school or conservatory would be perfect for you!

I mentioned in EwTube, why don't you visit the Finale user forums, or Sibelius, or I just found a new one, MuseScore that is free but I don't know if it'll handle the ornaments and techniques you use. You can peek around those forums, they'll be glad you are snooping around! See what other composers are using for tools - it is a forever project to make scores, don't believe any "automatic scoring" nonsense. You have to know, is the song in 12/8, 4/4 with triplets, 3/4 and so on. I've only learned these things by investigating lots of scores and what their time signatures are. And of course they can change within a song, such as the C# song of yours.

That's why I asked about time signatures, see? It's an ongoing process, learning how to do it, and what it is you are learning how to do! Brahms' 3rd symphony I'm scoring, it's in 3/8 I think, lots of triplet, I did 2 pages of it in 9/8, but then I had to put lots of "duplets," so then I realized, leave it in 3/8. Why not 3/4? I have no clue. I've been asking around. See how these questions never have a clear answer?

I'm hoping you continue composing these great songs, recording them, and hopefully can get to scoring them without too much distraction from the composing. Wishing you every success!

Teo
Quote:Brahms' 3rd symphony I'm scoring, it's in 3/8 I think

It depends on which movement you're referring to. Only the third movement is in 3/8. The first movement is in 6/4 with a few passages of 9/4, the second movement is in 4/4, and the last movement is in 2/2.