Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where is the real hip hop music going?
I have heard alot of new hip hop music, but none of that 1990's, 1980's hip hop music. I am personally looking for the next wave of real rappers to come through. Not just one or two rappers with lyrical skills, but an entire wave of artists that can really spit they butts off. I am over this new style of rap music, and all of the drama that comes with it. Rappers are promoting "GANGS" like its really cool, and promoting violence like its the new career choice.

What are your views on this issue?... I think that there should be ordinances in place to prevent certain types of music. Not censoring but simple bans on glorification of evil acts.
:drum: :peace::director:
-----------------------------
Rap Beats for Sale | Buy Hip Hop Instrumentals | Southern Beats
Buy hip hop rap beats online. Southern beats, rnb beats, trap beats, and club beats for sale.
I have produced for UGK Records, Swisha House, Mo Thugs, and many more.
http://www.dirtyscopebeatz.com
my views on rap in general....

they seem to promote a 'gangster' lifestyle...drugs,guns,violence,hookers,violence towards women,and treating them like objects not people etc etc...

the only rap i like has to say something intelligent...2pac's latter material,eminem and thats about it really, though do like bits of 50cent,D-12,public enemy,lil wayne, planB, very little else im afraid???
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.

I enjoy Fran Savage, intelligently produced record ..although he's somewhat unknown.
CRAZY-HORSE Wrote:my views on rap in general....

they seem to promote a 'gangster' lifestyle...drugs,guns,violence,hookers,violence towards women,and treating them like objects not people etc etc...

the only rap i like has to say something intelligent...2pac's latter material,eminem and thats about it really, though do like bits of 50cent,D-12,public enemy,lil wayne, planB, very little else im afraid???
 The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
There are a lot of great artists coming out in the current underground hip hop scene. My personal favourite would be from the Anticon label, it produces hip hop with a more unique take on the genre such as Doseone, Why?, Buck 65, and Alias. I'd also suggest looking into MF DOOM (especially his work as Madvillain with producer Madlib), Aesop Rock, A$ap Sparky, El-P, Haiku D'Etat, Myka 9 (of Freestyle Fellowship), Cannibal Ox, Death Grips (although this group is somewhat controversial within the hip-hop community, it seems to be a love/hate situation), Killer Mike (although his lyrics do border on what you dislike about modern hip hop), and several others that you can find under the term "abstract hip-hop". Most artists that go under that genre label are conventional hip-hop artists with lyrics that go against the gangster lifestyle, but sometimes you will find one with experimental production. If that's you're thing, great (it's mine too), but if not, keep searching and you'll find artists that you'll like, I'm sure of it.

I'm not too educated on hip-hop since I've been listening to it regularly for around a year or so, so I don't know too many good artists. I have had a few good mentors on hip hop so don't be discouraged of me as a newb when you look for the quality of the music.
I can probably name the number of rap artist I really like on my fingers. I prefer the older stuff from the 80's and early 90's for sure.
"I said, I found the secret to life, I found the secret to life
I'm okay when everything is not okay, is not okay"

~Tori Amos, Upside Down

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Billboard Music Charts For 2024 Music Head 50 5,338 17-09-2024, 19:40
Last Post: Music Head
  Who is your favorite DJ (music)? sing-a-long 2 1,143 18-02-2024, 06:13
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  my christmas haul of music CRAZY-HORSE 0 1,285 29-12-2023, 01:40
  Billboard Music Charts For 2023 Music Head 74 12,483 27-12-2023, 13:10
Smile What year is your favorite in hiphop music? sing-a-long 1 852 17-10-2023, 04:36
  Vintage Music Reviews Ruby 2 505 08-10-2023, 16:51
Last Post: Music Head
  When I say 'relaxing music' what are some of the first albums that come to mind? TraceNspace 19 4,295 07-10-2023, 06:56
Last Post: JeromeD
  Artistic Music Videos Sylwira 0 494 13-07-2023, 08:03
Last Post: Sylwira
  Favorite era of music? sing-a-long 2 1,058 17-06-2023, 05:19
Last Post: purpleocean
  What is a music enthusiast to do ? SteveO 15 3,716 21-02-2023, 14:26
Last Post: JeromeD