Edited
16.67%
1 16.67%
Total 6 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Explicit or edited
When given the option, which do you prefer, explicit or edited version of songs/albums?
i think edited versions 'dumb' the song down...i find them to lack the story/humour or meaning when edited, Eminem is a prime example, hate listening to his radio edits of songs
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.

can't imagine anyone prefering edited, unless it will be played around children

Music Head Wrote:can't imagine anyone prefering edited, unless it will be played around children

Yep! My son sang Little Lion Man - Mumford and Sons last year with chorus 'It was not your fault but mine, and I put your heart on the line, I really f**ked it up this time.' was changed to 'messed it up this time' and even then I found it annoying.
"I said, I found the secret to life, I found the secret to life
I'm okay when everything is not okay, is not okay"

~Tori Amos, Upside Down
Yeah, explicit is the obvious choice. If you have kids that you don't want to expose to bad language, I can see the benefit of it being edited. But what are they going to hear on an album that isn't any worse than when you swear after stubbing your toe:biggrin:?
Frownland Wrote:Yeah, explicit is the obvious choice. If you have kids that you don't want to expose to bad language, I can see the benefit of it being edited. But what are they going to hear on an album that isn't any worse than when you swear after stubbing your toe:biggrin:?

Ain't that the truth? I have a potty mouth but I have also made sure to scare them so bad they don't use them at school or in front of me. Though I have heard the occasional curse word whne they're playing video games. When I stub my toe I usually say 'sugar honey iced T' lol
"I said, I found the secret to life, I found the secret to life
I'm okay when everything is not okay, is not okay"

~Tori Amos, Upside Down
it's hard around the kiddies, if I let something slip I get ' grampie said a bad word " within seconds !!!!...lol....I clicked 'explicit "....I don't want to hear the dummy version as CH said !
TraceNspace Wrote:Ain't that the truth? I have a potty mouth but I have also made sure to scare them so bad they don't use them at school or in front of me. Though I have heard the occasional curse word whne they're playing video games. When I stub my toe I usually say 'sugar honey iced T' lol
 The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lil Durk - My Beyoncé (Explicit) ft. Dej Loaf heci313 0 632 15-01-2016, 18:21
Last Post: heci313