Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
i nominate-the drifters
clyde mcphatter-ben e.king-johnny moore-bill pinkney-charlie thomas-rudy lewis-david baugh-gerhard thrasher-johnnie lee wiliams-bobby hendricks[whew]what a lineup,yes all these great singers were once members of one of the most legendary groups of alltime-the drifters. from[1953-money honey]to[1973[like sister and brother]these sterling gentlemen of song gave the music loving public a setting seldom heard from any group...lucille-gone-such a night-bip bam-let the boogie woogie roll-fools fall in love-gone-ruby baby-there was a tear-steamboat-sadie my lady-white christmas-drip drop-there goes my baby-true love true love-save the last dance for me-i count the tears-he's just a playboy-on broadway-under the boardwalk-sand in my shoes-saturday night at the movies-ain't it the truth...see why i get excited? this group should be in everyone's music hall of fame!!
oldies65 Wrote:clyde mcphatter-ben e.king-johnny moore-bill pinkney-charlie thomas-rudy lewis-david baugh-gerhard thrasher-johnnie lee wiliams-bobby hendricks[whew]what a lineup,yes all these great singers were once members of one of the most legendary groups of alltime-the drifters. from[1953-money honey]to[1973[like sister and brother]these sterling gentlemen of song gave the music loving public a setting seldom heard from any group...lucille-gone-such a night-bip bam-let the boogie woogie roll-fools fall in love-gone-ruby baby-there was a tear-steamboat-sadie my lady-white christmas-drip drop-there goes my baby-true love true love-save the last dance for me-i count the tears-he's just a playboy-on broadway-under the boardwalk-sand in my shoes-saturday night at the movies-ain't it the truth...see why i get excited? this group should be in everyone's music hall of fame!!

That they should recruit not 1 but 2 lead singers that went on to to have such sterling careers tells you all you need to know about the Drifters. Me anyway...
A man accustomed to hear only the echo of his own sentiments, soon bars all the common avenues of delight, and has no part in the general gratification of mankind--Dr. Johnson
What he said. Amen, Bro--JazzboCR
Is that a declaration for a YES vote Jazzy?
 The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
SteveO Wrote:Is that a declaration for a YES vote Jazzy?

I should have been more clear. It is a YES vote.
A man accustomed to hear only the echo of his own sentiments, soon bars all the common avenues of delight, and has no part in the general gratification of mankind--Dr. Johnson
What he said. Amen, Bro--JazzboCR
Thanks man! That's two votes for The Drifters! Anyone else?
 The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
YES for me....
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.

Can I still put my vote in for the Drifters? If so, then it's a yes from me.
Yes you can Ocean,
The votes still get added up and the more votes an artist gets, the higher
up the list he/she/they get in the MD HoF
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.

CRAZY-HORSE Wrote:Yes you can Ocean,
The votes still get added up and the more votes an artist gets, the higher
up the list he/she/they get in the MD HoF

Cool, just checking.