Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
NEW ALBUM: LIGHTNING SEEDS ~ See You In The Stars
#1
LIGHTNING SEEDS ~ See You In The Stars

[Image: MTItMzM0MS5qcGVn.jpeg]

First a confession; I only listened to this album because the cover is so gorgeous. And after the first couple of bars, I did wonder whether the exterior promise would live up to whatever was inside! It’s pop – more specifically Britpop – not a place I venture very often at all, so who am I to offer an opinion?? What I can say, is that for some reason, I DID listen all the way through – and enjoyed it too. Light but not completely boring – seems well put together although I can’t seem to find anything about any of the musicians currently in the band, other than the head honcho, Ian Broudie. He’s it, really, from what I can gather (maybe it should be Seed singular, LOL) – does all the writing and quite a bit of the music too, but they do perform live so there must be others involved as well although I suspect a few programmed moments on the release.

Nothing at all horrible on here – had me bopping away. Simple, unchallenging, upbeat but not OTT pop tunes that are nicely executed. It's surprising where a breath of fresh air comes from sometimes! 

They seem to be getting a lot of traction with “Emily Smiles” – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6_5LxE9FEc

And I liked this one … “Great To Be Alive” –



"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson
Reply
#2
^^
two nice linked tracks there Ruby but of the two i did prefer "great to be alive".

10/10 on the cover art also, that would have made me listen to the album for sure...

i am vaguely familiar with a couple of their singles but thats about it...
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.


Reply
#3
You might like this one CH - very passable pop, IMHO.
"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson
Reply
#4
^^
i will give it a listen this week, thanks Ruby
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.


Reply
#5
(18-10-2022, 10:40)Ruby Wrote: You might like this one CH - very passable pop, IMHO.

and here I was convinced you couldn't like anything that had the word pop associated with it

Reply
#6
^Nope – there’s a line, for sure, but I’m not at all impervious to good pop – plenty of great songs out there that fall into the pop category. Besides – I’m becoming more tolerant in my dotage! In some respects ….
"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson
Reply


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NEW ALBUM: Miley - Bass Persuades Music Head 0 56 29-09-2026, 12:45
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW ALBUM: Prince - "timeless" CRAZY-HORSE 1 205 19-09-2026, 11:46
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW ALBUM: ADELA - PRIMA Music Head 0 145 16-09-2026, 11:07
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW ALBUM: Alex Warren - Wildchild Music Head 1 193 11-09-2026, 22:26
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW ALBUM: Audrey Hobert - Who's The Clown? Music Head 0 290 01-09-2026, 11:25
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW ALBUM: KATSEYE - WILD (ep) Music Head 0 216 26-08-2026, 11:20
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW ALBUM: FLO - Therapy At The Club Music Head 0 210 24-08-2026, 11:41
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW ALBUM: Ariana Grande - Petal Music Head 0 233 12-08-2026, 11:24
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW ALBUM: Shania Twain - Little Miss Twain Music Head 0 232 10-08-2026, 16:25
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW ALBUM: Tyla - A*POP Music Head 0 246 08-08-2026, 11:30
Last Post: Music Head

Forum Jump: