Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NEW ALBUM: MARK KNOPFLER ~ One Deep River
MARK KNOPFLER ~ One Deep River

[Image: 220px-One_Deep_River.jpg]

Happy Friday all!! Whoop! Mine's been made.  Cool

So glad he's still grooving - I couldn't decide where to slot this in - there are some very folk oriented tracks, which is where he's been living of late, but there are also some fairly funky moments, I'm pleased to say! So I dunno - just putting it here - doesn't really matter. Not even going to say much more other than that his trusty sidekick Guy Fletcher is evident and lends a hand with production too. Just listen and enjoy. I am. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7KNZ0xM...9w&index=1

"Two Pairs of Hands" - something of a JJ Cale sound going on here ... the MK signature front and centre, however ... 

"Scavenger's Yard" - nice funky one ... 

Must just say that he's in fine storytelling form - "Tunnel 13" - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sg8RyH2oPvI - I'll bet these songs have been simmering away for some time. Just wonderful. He knows how to capture real people and the grittier side of life.
"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson
^^
this has made my weekend also Ruby.
more good material from Mr Knopfler IMO.

will be interesting to see if and how high this charts over the next couple of weeks
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.

Probably the single best songwriter to come out of the UK.
Somewhere between right and wrong there is a garden. I will meet you there - Rumi

not very often MK gives interviews but here is one from this last week.
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.

The master of the understated guitar sound. He mentions Whitley Bay, a place just north of Newcastle. I spent six weeks there doing a training course on AMAT 5000 machines for Intel Ireland. A real party town if ever there was one. The Geordies are a different breed indeed. Woke up one morning, had a look out of the hotel window and there was this rather well-endowed woman walking up the road in a miniscule bikini, in extremely cold weather, holding a banner that was advertising shows in some strip joint a few blocks away. Also got to see the Spanish City, a fairground well past it's sell-by-date that is mentioned in Knopfler's 'Tunnel of Love' track. He knows how to capture the feel of a place to perfection. A master storyteller with a sublime touch on the guitar. The minute you hear the first few notes you just know it's him.
Somewhere between right and wrong there is a garden. I will meet you there - Rumi
enters the Billboard Top 200 Albums chart at #157
stupid americans

courtesy of Spotify

excellent
makes me want to smoke a joint 
but so does about anything

at least the UK'ers are still on board, this peaked at #3 out there. #48 here in Australia.

finally got round to hearing the album, i purchased the deluxe version with 5 extra tracks...

as expected, another good album from Mr K.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NEW ALBUM: Noah Kahan - Live From Fenway Park Music Head 0 18 Yesterday, 12:42
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW ALBUM: Thomas Rhett - About A Woman Music Head 0 172 07-09-2024, 11:38
  NEW ALBUM: Lainey Wilson - Whirlwind Music Head 0 55 06-09-2024, 11:39
  NEW ALBUM: Zach Top - Cold Beer & Country Music Music Head 1 117 01-09-2024, 05:48
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW ALBUM: Post Malone - F-1 Trillion Music Head 0 96 28-08-2024, 12:03
  NEW ALBUM: Orville Peck - Stampede Music Head 1 143 20-08-2024, 12:54
  NEW ALBUM: Gavin Adcock - Actin' Up Again Music Head 0 129 17-08-2024, 11:54
  NEW ALBUM: Ella Langley - Hungover Music Head 1 103 16-08-2024, 13:06
  NEW ALBUM: AMOS LEE ~ transmissions Ruby 5 305 13-08-2024, 12:24
  NEW ALBUM: Koe Wetzel - 9 Lives Music Head 0 249 02-08-2024, 11:43