Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Canadian music awards create a new category for best heavy metal/hard rock artist !!!
I don't know who the other two are, but Ministry and NIN are not industrial. Ministry are industrial rock, and NIN is dance pop for teenage girls who think they're dark and angry. If you wany real industrial, listen to Einstruzende Neubaten, Swans, or Current 93

Tiggi Wrote:^^ I guess I'm into the more commercial end of things:

Laibach
Nine Inch Nails
Ministry
VAST

Stuff like that.
mtthwibrahim Wrote:I don't know who the other two are, but Ministry and NIN are not industrial.

My Dad said they are, and my Dad's bigger than your Dad...

That's a lie, he's dead...
"Writing about music is like dancing about architecture"

Unknown
Tiggi Wrote:My Dad said they are, and my Dad's bigger than your Dad...

That's a lie, he's dead...

Thank-you Tiggi, thank-you. I will not forget this moment ever. Hahahahaha
Another one to investigate...thanks Tig !

Tiggi Wrote:^ That's probably a bad choice of word on my part. Perhaps "successful" would be a better word.

VAST is a one-man-band, plus whatever help he uses on each project. His/their debut Visual Audio Sensory Theater is quite good.
 The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
except for his album Le Noise....Neil said it was folk metal...lol
CRAZY-HORSE Wrote:i guess my main objection with Genre's is that if say i say Paul Weller "22 dreams" album and someone says what genre is it?
i cannot tell them one thing or the other as out of the 21 tracks i would say that there are at least 10 different genres/sub genres on the album, and i would just say..."its a Paul Weller album", you either understand that or you dont, i dont have the time or the inclination to do a track by track description to tell you about the album, unless of course i have written about it in the "pw beginners guide" thread, and although i do like the term 'eclectic', what is eclectic to me may not be the same to anyone else.

as for pidgeon holing artists into a Genre, that, for the most part, most truly great artists is impossible to do and i dare anyone to put Neil Young into one slot in the pidgeon hole filing system, you cant, its impossible to do so...but individual tracks and possibly a few of his albums to a degree could be labeled, so i simply i would say he is a musician who plays everything but Metal.

uh yeh...good posts on the subject EvilB.
How about Deutsch Nepal, pal ?
mtthwibrahim Wrote:I don't know who the other two are, but Ministry and NIN are not industrial. Ministry are industrial rock, and NIN is dance pop for teenage girls who think they're dark and angry. If you wany real industrial, listen to Einstruzende Neubaten, Swans, or Current 93
Great post, Evil !...thanks for this !

I guess in the end my one beef is that the "music award" shows (which I don't pay attention to much anyway) always for the most part honour or recognise the "most popular" or commercially successful artist. The one exception last year was when Esperanza Spalding came out of the blue to win the Grammy's best new artist !!!!

Having said that, I think that the creation of a new category for the Junos (Canadian music awards) is a long time coming but by tagging "hard rock" with it it opens up the possibility of a hard rock band to win the Heavy Metal category !

Hard rock is more commercially successful and accessible to the public ! The categories should be separated !

evilB Wrote:I find it funny that my point accepted and to some degree agreed with the "way too many-genres" argument. For those who do not care because let's face it, it is rather unimportant to worry about the label given.

I certainly do not sweat the "get real' posts as there is a good reason to chuckle at the genre creating mindset - if you cannot laugh at yourself you need to figure out what's not right in your world and fix it so you can be happier. Can I seriously distinguish between "hard-core" and "metal-core"? On most days I'll have great reasons for my labels on a bad day I'll put up my hands and say "enough".
not familiar

my favorite industrial acts are Einstruzende Neubaten and Swans. I would say Current 93, but I'm more into the folk stuff as opposed to the industrial

SteveO Wrote:How about Deutsch Nepal, pal ?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Billboard Music Charts For 2024 Music Head 50 5,344 17-09-2024, 19:40
Last Post: Music Head
  Who is your favorite DJ (music)? sing-a-long 2 1,144 18-02-2024, 06:13
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  my christmas haul of music CRAZY-HORSE 0 1,286 29-12-2023, 01:40
  Billboard Music Charts For 2023 Music Head 74 12,483 27-12-2023, 13:10
Smile What year is your favorite in hiphop music? sing-a-long 1 853 17-10-2023, 04:36
  Vintage Music Reviews Ruby 2 505 08-10-2023, 16:51
Last Post: Music Head
  When I say 'relaxing music' what are some of the first albums that come to mind? TraceNspace 19 4,295 07-10-2023, 06:56
Last Post: JeromeD
  Artistic Music Videos Sylwira 0 494 13-07-2023, 08:03
Last Post: Sylwira
  Favorite era of music? sing-a-long 2 1,058 17-06-2023, 05:19
Last Post: purpleocean
  What is a music enthusiast to do ? SteveO 15 3,716 21-02-2023, 14:26
Last Post: JeromeD