Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Power of Music
Can music change the world and make it a better place? Please say what you think.:nod:
I would like to believe that music has made me a better person. Confusedmile:
Music therapy is used for many various human conditions. Mental illness etc. etc. Yes I think it does make the world a better place. Could not imagine life without it.
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
Hi everyone! Thanks for viewing and replying to my thread. I think the influence of music on people and the world is huge. It is frequently underestimated and sometimes ignored. I look forward to your views and contribution in future topics. Let the music play.
Kristy Leone.:laugh:
I am very thankful that we all have the ultimate pleasure of creating, performing and listening to music !
 The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
yes I think music has given me some meaning to my existance and i would say that some lyricists John lennon for example have given us all some food for thought.
America is pregnant with promise and anticipation but is murdered by the hand of the inevitable....(Lee Jackson ..The Nice)
I have to agree with Jerome and Rusty. Smile
"I said, I found the secret to life, I found the secret to life
I'm okay when everything is not okay, is not okay"

~Tori Amos, Upside Down
I think everyone gets pleasure out of listening to music and no matter your mood music has a great way of being able to help you deal with your emotions. I definetely think that music has the power to shape the world in many different ways.
If only for the sake of allowing humanity to remain creating music has done its job. Four hundred years ago everyone had a craft, let it be art or poetry, music, dancing, debate or chivalry, and now I look around four hundred years later at lost craft-less people. If only for the reason to inspire craft and creation again, music has done its job.

It allows healing, not just for therapy reasons (as I am well aware, this is one of the things I am studying at university) but for people who have no other place to go, music provides a home built on strength and meaning. I may not know Neil Young, but that does not stop me from listening to 'Heart of Gold' and tearing up because there is something in there for me.

It brings peace, causes change, changes mind, asks questions, chalenges the system, inspires love and friendship, brings people together but naturally tears them apart. Music is the catalyst for humanity, in my eyes, to continue, music is a beating heart.

Smile
yes I must agree and say that music can be very emotive and cause one to emotional responses for instance I can be moved to tears when hearing mahlers symphony no 5
TomJoad Wrote:If only for the sake of allowing humanity to remain creating music has done its job. Four hundred years ago everyone had a craft, let it be art or poetry, music, dancing, debate or chivalry, and now I look around four hundred years later at lost craft-less people. If only for the reason to inspire craft and creation again, music has done its job.

It allows healing, not just for therapy reasons (as I am well aware, this is one of the things I am studying at university) but for people who have no other place to go, music provides a home built on strength and meaning. I may not know Neil Young, but that does not stop me from listening to 'Heart of Gold' and tearing up because there is something in there for me.

It brings peace, causes change, changes mind, asks questions, chalenges the system, inspires love and friendship, brings people together but naturally tears them apart. Music is the catalyst for humanity, in my eyes, to continue, music is a beating heart.

Smile
America is pregnant with promise and anticipation but is murdered by the hand of the inevitable....(Lee Jackson ..The Nice)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Billboard Music Charts For 2024 Music Head 50 5,341 17-09-2024, 19:40
Last Post: Music Head
  Who is your favorite DJ (music)? sing-a-long 2 1,143 18-02-2024, 06:13
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  my christmas haul of music CRAZY-HORSE 0 1,286 29-12-2023, 01:40
  Billboard Music Charts For 2023 Music Head 74 12,483 27-12-2023, 13:10
Smile What year is your favorite in hiphop music? sing-a-long 1 852 17-10-2023, 04:36
  Vintage Music Reviews Ruby 2 505 08-10-2023, 16:51
Last Post: Music Head
  When I say 'relaxing music' what are some of the first albums that come to mind? TraceNspace 19 4,295 07-10-2023, 06:56
Last Post: JeromeD
  Artistic Music Videos Sylwira 0 494 13-07-2023, 08:03
Last Post: Sylwira
  Favorite era of music? sing-a-long 2 1,058 17-06-2023, 05:19
Last Post: purpleocean
  What is a music enthusiast to do ? SteveO 15 3,716 21-02-2023, 14:26
Last Post: JeromeD