Poll: Would The Foo Fighters be as successful if Dave Grohl wasn't in Nirvana first?
This poll is closed.
Yes
50.00%
2 50.00%
No
50.00%
2 50.00%
Total 4 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dave Grohl (Foo Fighters/Nirvana)
Hello, this is my first post here on the forums. Gonna start off with a poll question: Do you think that Dave Grohl, or the Foo Fighters would have as successful if Dave Grohl wasn't in Nirvana before becoming the leader of Foo Fighters? I've always wandered this myself and wanted to know what other people thought. Tried to make a poll for the post but if it doesn't work just comment. I'll learn, as I said it's my first post so bear with me.
Welcome aboard MD, Alice! I like your first post! Of course the question you pose is one we'll never know the definitive answer to! However Grohl is a multi instrumentalist as well as a good song writer in his own right. He was a member of the band SCREAM for 6 years before joining Curt so I definitely believe without Nirvana he would have still surfaced to the top!
 The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
i voted YES because those guys on Foo Fighters are not 'rock pretenders'...they know how to do it...

when i first heard of Foo Fighters, i had no idea they were from Nirvana, in fact, ive never liked Nirvana, except for their "unplugged" album, whereas, i own every Foo's album as opposed to only the unplugged and "nevermind" albums by Cobain & Co...
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.

Yes I have to agree with you CH! but that stupid covers album Meat something , was horrible!
I voted no. Not because I dislike the Foos, but because they had a HUGE push for their first few albums because of Dave's name. They are an excellent band but there is no way they would have had the press and airplay they received early in their career without his name/history. Do you remember the TV commercial for the first album?
[video=youtube;vvKgIfX5-WE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvKgIfX5-WE[/video]
Point well taken, Evil!
guess I'll give the evil guy kudos about their debut
I think they have proven themselves worthy since then

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NEW ALBUM: Foo Fighters - But Here We Are Music Head 1 322 17-06-2023, 11:45
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW ALBUM: Dave Matthews Band - Walk Around The Moon Music Head 1 417 01-06-2023, 11:07
  NEW SONG: Nirvana - Something In The Way Music Head 1 436 27-03-2022, 12:49
  Dave Matthews Band - Come Tomorrow Music Head 1 878 18-08-2018, 19:29
  NEW ALBUM: Foo Fighters - Concrete And Gold Music Head 1 618 30-09-2017, 13:44
  Foo Fighters "saint cecilia" CRAZY-HORSE 0 947 05-12-2015, 01:20
  Dave Edmunds "original albums series" CRAZY-HORSE 0 926 18-09-2015, 08:02
  Nirvana Discography Reviewed JustinJJustin 0 644 10-12-2014, 07:50
Last Post: JustinJJustin
  Foo Fighters - Sonic Highways Music Head 2 1,335 30-11-2014, 15:32
Last Post: Amy Naylor
  Nirvana Videos? js214 6 1,766 01-03-2012, 21:59
Last Post: Music Head