Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
you know what P's me off?
gryphon Wrote:My guess would be that The Godfather of Punk would go far far back into the times of classical music somewhere Cool

Beethoven would 'roll over' if he knew you called him a 'punk'
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.

CRAZY-HORSE Wrote:Beethoven would 'roll over' if he knew you called him a 'punk'

You'd probably get away with it because he wouldn't have been able to hear the insult...
CRAZY-HORSE Wrote:why do people think bands like green day, sum41, simple plan, good charlotte etc... are punk???

Because most people are stupid-ass morons that don't have the slightest clue about punk - or good music in general since all of those bands are a bunch of pretty crappy pop-punk assholes anyway.

So, from what I've read you're also one of those "I don't give a shit about the attitude because only the same old popular goddamn bands are 'real punk' and everything else is just some stupid rip-off" people. Congrats to that, Mister.

I think you're right in that the original style of music (which wasn't really spectacular anyway) hasn't been very present in the past years but the 'spirit' or '(pseudo-)philosophy' or whatever you want to call is in no way dead. It just shiftet to some derivative genres such as Crust or Grindcore with many D.I.Y or pretty unknown though signed artists still proudly sporting that antiestablishment / antiauthoritarianist spirit you don't find in 'traditional punk' anymore (let alone 'girlie-I-style-my-hair-in-a-funny-nonconformist-way-top-of-the-pops-chart-punk' ).
I don't think that a style dies off like that...

It just get reborn and restyled..
Iota Wrote:Because most people are stupid-ass morons that don't have the slightest clue about punk - or good music in general since all of those bands are a bunch of pretty crappy pop-punk assholes anyway.

So, from what I've read you're also one of those "I don't give a shit about the attitude because only the same old popular goddamn bands are 'real punk' and everything else is just some stupid rip-off" people. Congrats to that, Mister.

I think you're right in that the original style of music (which wasn't really spectacular anyway) hasn't been very present in the past years but the 'spirit' or '(pseudo-)philosophy' or whatever you want to call is in no way dead. It just shiftet to some derivative genres such as Crust or Grindcore with many D.I.Y or pretty unknown though signed artists still proudly sporting that antiestablishment / antiauthoritarianist spirit you don't find in 'traditional punk' anymore (let alone 'girlie-I-style-my-hair-in-a-funny-nonconformist-way-top-of-the-pops-chart-punk' ).

i think you need to calm down dude, you're gonna burst a blood vessel if you keep getting so uptight about stuff, chill, relax, split a pill if you gotta, but settle down a bit, this is a friendly social place and youre making a tsunami in a pond, it aint worth it
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.

CRAZY-HORSE Wrote:i think you need to calm down dude, you're gonna burst a blood vessel if you keep getting so uptight about stuff, chill, relax, split a pill if you gotta, but settle down a bit

I don't think I do.

CRAZY-HORSE Wrote:this is a friendly social place and youre making a tsunami in a pond, it aint worth it

I don't think I am.
its all in jest iota

I don't think it is.
I agree with this thread to an extent. Blink 182, All Time Low, and whatever else is considered punk is definitely not punk. I don't agree, however, that punk died in the 70s. I know a lot of great punk bands that came after the 70s, like Left Alone, Dropkick Murphys, 7 Seconds, I could go on and on. I think that the mainstream 'punk' is what's giving today's punk a bad name, you just have to search a bit more for the good stuff.
Punk is dead - period! Good riddance too.
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.