Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Greetings from Holland
#1
Dear people ,

My name is Wim and i began my music journey in 1971 , although i have memories from earlier years . So in 1971 i was 13 and i grew up
listening to the Offshore Radio stations that were very popular here in Europe . That was a wonderful period in radio and it made me listening to a big variety in music . It really shaped my knowledge of music .
Hearing What is Life by George Harrison in 1971 on my portable radio changed everyting for me in my life . It made that i became a passionate Beatles admirer , but more so it later started my study in George Harrison s music and his deeper spiritual thoughts . And that is something i share with people around the world , some of them are musicians who played with George in the studio .
But ....... besides all that i have a deep love for radio ( not very keen on watching tv ) , i keep the memory alive of Offshore radio (sixties and seventies) , with a collection of many hours from air recorded programmes.
And i m a classic rock lover !! For me the early seventies are the best period in music and even young people around me discover these great bands .

I like to say that i m also an admirer of new bands , mostly indie rock . I love to keep up to date . The band that really excites me is Tame Impala from Australia. Kevin Parker is my big hero and his music and sounds can move me to tears .For me that band has already proved to be one of the best bands ever (IMO) in rockhistory !!

I m very much interested in spirituality , nature , people , and i am lucky to have young friends in my life , they make that i don t feel a generation gap .

Wim
Reply
#2
elcome to MD....

you sure sound like previous member of MD in Gryphon...are you sure you are not him?

as for Tame Impala...
Kevin Parker is "tame impala", its only in concert that he employs a live band.
my friend Tem used to be his keys guy on stage a few years ago, ive also met KP once, seems like a cool dude in person.
i like both of the Tame Impala albums, actually prefer the latest one to the debut set though
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.


Reply
#3
Dear Crazy-Horse , it s nice to be here . I can asure you that i m here for the first time and that i m not Gryphon . How wonderful that you met Kevin, it s one of those things i would love to do . I m in contact with a girl in Mexico who met him twice and she told me these guys are so friendly and down to earth. That makes them special.
I must say i love both albums , recently i heard a cover that Kevin made from Michael Jackson s Stranger in Moscow and that blew me away . I discovered Tame Impala while on holiday in the UK two years ago . I was in a recordshop and the lady there played it through the speakers. I couldn t believe my ears . So i asked what it was and ....... there they were .. making my life happier ha ha !!
Reply
#4
Welcome aboard MD, Wim! Happy to see you love George Harrison as I am a bonified Beatles nut!!!!Confusedmile:
 The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
Reply
#5
Thank you Steve !!
Reply


Forum Jump: