Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Sophie Monk, good eurodance pop
#1
Check her music out guys! - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEkQgA8U8cI
Reply
#2
:bump2:

Really? No comments for this nice Eurodance tune but several comments with some likes for Gaga's new single?
This forum is starting to mirror all the others!
Reply
#3
Hey, that was pretty nice. I haven't heard of her before and I'm always looking for good pop. Although I did just find out a song I like was a actually a cover of hers, so that was kinda cool to discover. I think I'll check out her solo album.
Reply
#4
Cool I'm glad you enjoyed her song! Thanks for replying! You can buy her solo album here on Amazon -
http://www.amazon.com/Calendar-Girl-Soph...ng_title_0

[Image: 51L%2B80kGWDL._SL500_AA280_.jpg]

If you don't mind me asking, what song of hers was it that another artist covered?
Reply
#5
Thanks for the link.

The cover song was Sophie's Come As You Are. But in the cover version it was shortened to Come. Namie Amuro did teh cover, she's a pop singer from Japan, or used to be, I think she does more RMB material now. I'm into pop from wherever and I discovered a long time ago Japan has a really good pop scene. They still have your bland mainstream pop, but there's a lot of good stuff.

Anyway Namie's cover was great, if you can get over the Japanese, she gave the song a totally different vibe. I checked out Sophie's version too and it was a good song to begin with.

[video=youtube;Eus06aAVBpQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eus06aAVBpQ[/video]
Reply
#6
Not sure if you like the video or music better, Arctic!!!!...lol
Arcticbird_Star Wrote:Check her music out guys! - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEkQgA8U8cI
 The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
Reply
#7
SteveO Wrote:Not sure if you like the video or music better, Arctic!!!!...lol

Her music of course!! I'm serious! :music: I think that she has a wonderful voice too!
Also really like the music video..I think it's creative and perfectly fitting! Goes along very well with the music as she
shows off some cool, sexy dance moves!
Doesn't hurt though that she's incredibly HOT :flame: too! lol

[Image: Sophie_Monk.jpg]
Reply
#8
Complexterms Wrote:Thanks for the link.

The cover song was Sophie's Come As You Are. But in the cover version it was shortened to Come. Namie Amuro did teh cover, she's a pop singer from Japan, or used to be, I think she does more RMB material now. I'm into pop from wherever and I discovered a long time ago Japan has a really good pop scene. They still have your bland mainstream pop, but there's a lot of good stuff.

Anyway Namie's cover was great, if you can get over the Japanese, she gave the song a totally different vibe. I checked out Sophie's version too and it was a good song to begin with.

[video=youtube;Eus06aAVBpQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eus06aAVBpQ[/video]

You're welcome. Sorry for the late reply. You mean Sophie's "Come my way". I thought Namie's cover was okay but it sounded a bit
unnatural for her to be covering Sophie's song for some reason..maybe because the other ending theme songs on that Japanese TV show sound way
different, as her other songs do as well. More traditional Jpop if you will.

That's pretty cool that you listen to music from different countries, sung in different languages. So do I, and if you're interested
I can share with you a lot of great pop music from other countries, mostly by female artists because I specialize in the female voice.

Here's one example, Axelle Red (Belgium artist that sings mostly in French)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXKkxZ7U-lo

Axelle Red
[Image: red016.jpg]

As for Jpop, I only like one artist, Chata (茶太Wink[Image: 2109292641.jpg]

All of the other Jpop artists that I've checked out before did
nothing for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnDuv84XDTs
(just if you're curious)
Reply


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NEW SONG: Chappell Roan - Good Luck, Babe! Music Head 1 1,508 19-04-2024, 14:13
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW SINGLE: Good Neighbours - "home" CRAZY-HORSE 0 763 24-02-2024, 09:25
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW SONG: Sophie Ellis-Bextor - Murder On The Dancefloor Music Head 2 1,219 15-01-2024, 11:39
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW SONG: David Guetta & Bebe Rexha - I'm Good (Blue) Music Head 0 769 12-09-2022, 10:11
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW SONG: Halsey - So Good Music Head 1 1,061 25-06-2022, 12:15
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW ALBUM: Chainsmokers - So Far So Good Music Head 0 718 30-05-2022, 12:32
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW ALBUM: Dan + Shay - Good Things Music Head 1 849 26-08-2021, 12:35
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW SINGLE: Olivia Rodrigo - Good 4 U Music Head 2 1,379 27-05-2021, 13:25
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW SINGLE: Dua Lipa - We're Good Music Head 1 1,401 26-02-2021, 13:21
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW ALBUM: Why Don't We - The Good Times And The Bad Ones Music Head 1 953 27-01-2021, 19:32
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE

Forum Jump: