26-05-2014, 21:14
That "Blues-rock" description so understates the case with these guys--they also mix in funk, reggae and whatever else they think will work...and it all does. Royal Southern Brotherhood. Member ages are 37-63 (Cyrille Neville of the Neville Brothers). NOT a jam band--though they do stretch tunes out, it's always on point. Crowd-pleasers wherever they go--US, Canada, Germany. Here's the wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Southern_Brotherhood Here's some music (including from their soon-to-be-released 2nd studio disc): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbNuvf8K_Yw << BTW, glad to see RockPalast is alive and well
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ii_J7J3dZU << a little funnin' a little teasing and then they get busy on a classic
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0m616r1N7Ek Devon Allman is Gregg's son but they didn't meet 'til he was in his teens--divorce and all that
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AWvgSXo7rA << they freshen this up smartly
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5O2jqVlSTc << next 2 w/Samantha "Legs Up to Heaven" Fish
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z68schgZvH8 << she more than holds her own
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2F-ZCUwtQic << I think I've proved my point...if I had one to make
One last thing: Mike Zito is one underrated all-'round music man--look him up.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ii_J7J3dZU << a little funnin' a little teasing and then they get busy on a classic
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0m616r1N7Ek Devon Allman is Gregg's son but they didn't meet 'til he was in his teens--divorce and all that
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AWvgSXo7rA << they freshen this up smartly
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5O2jqVlSTc << next 2 w/Samantha "Legs Up to Heaven" Fish
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z68schgZvH8 << she more than holds her own
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2F-ZCUwtQic << I think I've proved my point...if I had one to make
One last thing: Mike Zito is one underrated all-'round music man--look him up.
A man accustomed to hear only the echo of his own sentiments, soon bars all the common avenues of delight, and has no part in the general gratification of mankind--Dr. Johnson
What he said. Amen, Bro--JazzboCR
What he said. Amen, Bro--JazzboCR

