Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone use Emusic before?
I've read a bit about them scamming you if you try to cancel your subscription...Anyone have any experience with them?
291 Wrote:I've read a bit about them scamming you if you try to cancel your subscription...Anyone have any experience with them?

NO. Nor anything similar, but how much is the subscription? What do you get for that money? What do they say when you try to exit? GENERAL RULES: Pay these types with a pre-paid Credit Card with a pre-set limit ($100-200, say) and have your address be a PO Box or Private Mail Box. What then have you got to lose? Also if you suspect a scam, get in touch with your state's Attorney General or the US Dept. of Justice--they may be building a case and you'd be a component. This also applies to non-US purchasers--do the same with same with your Economic Justice folks. Be persistent but not pesty--enlightened interest, I calls it.
A man accustomed to hear only the echo of his own sentiments, soon bars all the common avenues of delight, and has no part in the general gratification of mankind--Dr. Johnson
What he said. Amen, Bro--JazzboCR
I used them for a bit. I cancelled when I wasn't using and went back to them with no problems. They weren't shady at all. I cancelled at least 3 times if I remember. The only issue was my computer would not convert the CDs I got to iTunes. I had to burn them and add them. They claim this won't be a problem but it was for me. I don't know if that's relevant to you. I hope this helps!
"I said, I found the secret to life, I found the secret to life
I'm okay when everything is not okay, is not okay"

~Tori Amos, Upside Down
I got some promotion from them where if I signed up I got $10 free. I bought 2 albums and a song and canceled my account immediately after. Never paid a dime. Smile