Posts: 35,590
Threads: 3,572
Joined: Jul 2010
[video=youtube;74cnDr64vNE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74cnDr64vNE[/video]
ELVIS COSTELLO "married to my hack"
new singles from Elvis 'evergreen' Costello here...
its one of those new ones he recorded from old Bob Dylan
lyrics given to him from Dylan via T-Bone and comes from the soon
to be released "lost on the river-the new basement tapes" album
featuring Mumford & Sons and Jim James(my morning jacket)...
this is a good entree IMO...mouth is watering here, and i cant
wait to hear the entire project, should be good stuff if this one
is anything to go by, and oh yeh...as usual, Costello never lets me down!
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..." - Me 2014.
Posts: 13,354
Threads: 236
Joined: May 2011
I LOVE it Crazy mate ! Now I can understand the lyrics...such a great vocalist Elvis C is!!!!
The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
Posts: 196
Threads: 9
Joined: Jun 2014
He really is a great lyricist, and I like that he consistently seems to change things up while also retaining whatever it is that makes him "Elvis Costello." Though I do have to wonder how Diana Krall feels about being call his "hack"? Then again, if he says he'd rather stay married to her, I guess it doesn't much matter, now does it? *laughs*
Everyone has an Angel: a Guardian who watches over us. We can't know what form they'll take. One day, old man. Next day, little girl. But don't let appearances fool you, they can be as fierce as any dragon. Yet they're not here to fight our battles, but to whisper from our heart. Reminding that it's us: it's everyone of us who holds power over the world we create. -Sweet Pea
Posts: 368
Threads: 6
Joined: Nov 2010
MAG2NYC Wrote:He really is a great lyricist, and I like that he consistently seems to change things up while also retaining whatever it is that makes him "Elvis Costello." Though I do have to wonder how Diana Krall feels about being call his "hack"? Then again, if he says he'd rather stay married to her, I guess it doesn't much matter, now does it? *laughs*
This and the rest of the album is supposed to be Dylan lyrics, although I too wondered about how Diana would feel about his choice of songs to play
Posts: 35,590
Threads: 3,572
Joined: Jul 2010
Krall would understand it being a muso herself...i mean, who wouldnt want to record Dylan lyrics?
Mag...
loved your.... and I like that he consistently seems to change things up while also retaining whatever it is that makes him "Elvis Costello."
Elvis is constantly shifting,chopping and changing his styles...but doesnt really go too far away from his trademark styles to not be called "a non elvis album", unlike Neil Young...remember "le noise","trans","are you passionate",Shocking Pinks etc etc...
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..." - Me 2014.
Posts: 3,952
Threads: 645
Joined: Feb 2014
I love the puppy stuffin's outta this song. Wondered about the word "hack" for "wife" and couldn't find anything similar. Maybe because said woman had access and knowledge of knives in the kitchen? Get max attitude about the husband and...hack away? We need Mr. Costello in this age and he apparently finds us useful.
A man accustomed to hear only the echo of his own sentiments, soon bars all the common avenues of delight, and has no part in the general gratification of mankind--Dr. Johnson
What he said. Amen, Bro--JazzboCR
Posts: 123
Threads: 1
Joined: Aug 2014
that's a really nice track.