Posts: 5
Threads: 2
Joined: Jan 2015
So, Gangnam Style has 2.2b views on YouTube. There is no doubt that it is a well constructed dance song but i think there is more to it. Psy didnt seem to conform to the current scene in terms of lyrics and its comical music video, and this allowed a broader range of people to connect with it. 2.2 billion views is a staggering amount and i want some input in to why you think this song took the number 1 place on YouTube and if you think it deserves it.
Discuss
Posts: 29,763
Threads: 8,842
Joined: Aug 2009
it has that many views because people are stupid
and no it doesn't deserve it
Posts: 5
Threads: 2
Joined: Jan 2015
Music Head Wrote:it has that many views because people are stupid
and no it doesn't deserve it
Why do you think it doesn't deserve it? Other than because 'people are stupid'.
Posts: 29,763
Threads: 8,842
Joined: Aug 2009
pianocourts Wrote:Why do you think it doesn't deserve it? Other than because 'people are stupid'.
naw
that'll sum it up
I'm not very analytical
Posts: 5
Threads: 2
Joined: Jan 2015
Music Head Wrote:naw
that'll sum it up
I'm not very analytical
haha fair enough. Well still open for discussion anyway =]
Posts: 9,643
Threads: 255
Joined: Jun 2010
pianocourts Wrote:So, Gangnam Style has 2.2b views on YouTube. There is no doubt that it is a well constructed dance song but i think there is more to it. Psy didnt seem to conform to the current scene in terms of lyrics and its comical music video, and this allowed a broader range of people to connect with it. 2.2 billion views is a staggering amount and i want some input in to why you think this song took the number 1 place on YouTube and if you think it deserves it.
Discuss
It could be 10 trillion views - I still won't like it. Pure and simple.
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
Posts: 5
Threads: 2
Joined: Jan 2015
Jerome Wrote:It could be 10 trillion views - I still won't like it. Pure and simple.
Did you not like it when it first came out? or did you get sick of it being over played like most 'pop' songs? I know its an old song but it still hasnt been overtaken yet, I wonder what is going to be the next 'hit'.
Posts: 3,952
Threads: 645
Joined: Feb 2014
Gangnam style grows on you over time...but then so does toenail fungus. Have a nice day.
A man accustomed to hear only the echo of his own sentiments, soon bars all the common avenues of delight, and has no part in the general gratification of mankind--Dr. Johnson
What he said. Amen, Bro--JazzboCR
Posts: 10
Threads: 2
Joined: Dec 2014
I think the only reason it has so many views is that it has very catchy melody and dance, nothing else
I think it does not deserve it because it is nothing special, its not a masterpiece, not even close