Posts: 374
Threads: 14
Joined: Oct 2014
Greek singer Demis Roussos has died, aged 68. He was lead singer with Aphrodite's Child, which also included Vangelis. Their album 666 is a progressive rock classic and contains the standout track, The Three Horsemen. In the mid-seventies, Roussos became an easy listening crooner with hits such as Forever and Ever.
âThe fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool.â William Shakespeare, As You Like It
Posts: 3,952
Threads: 645
Joined: Feb 2014
A man accustomed to hear only the echo of his own sentiments, soon bars all the common avenues of delight, and has no part in the general gratification of mankind--Dr. Johnson
What he said. Amen, Bro--JazzboCR
Posts: 374
Threads: 14
Joined: Oct 2014
The Four Horsemen by Aphrodite's Child, which I incorrectly called the Three Horsemen. :bolt:
[video=youtube;3KCbqhJt16k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-cl=85114404&v=3KCbqhJt16k&x-yt-ts=1422579428&feature=player_detailpage[/video]
âThe fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool.â William Shakespeare, As You Like It
Posts: 3,952
Threads: 645
Joined: Feb 2014
30-01-2015, 22:39
(This post was last modified: 31-01-2015, 01:54 by jazzboCR.)
Big Ears Wrote:The Four Horsemen by Aphrodite's Child, which I incorrectly called the Three Horsemen. :bolt:
The Apocalypse will never forgive you...but I shan't chivvy you.
ADD:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LI7YlKdUiE0
ADD + 1:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UY5FLqDUQRE << Are you sure he didn't share DNA or something with the BeeGees?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92QYpH5pqn0 << Greek soul--Percy Sledge would approve...and I'm catching more than a little bit of Rod Stewart in this....
BONUS: that full album (
Reflection, 1984, the last album he did with Vangelis)--I quite like him as a blue-eyed (OK, brown-eyed) soul singer. Quite effective. The great mystery album; can't find it anywhere.:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlGQtg3z...14404#t=15 << This is all strangely affecting
A man accustomed to hear only the echo of his own sentiments, soon bars all the common avenues of delight, and has no part in the general gratification of mankind--Dr. Johnson
What he said. Amen, Bro--JazzboCR