Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
negative reactions to ch!ckenshit music
#11
To add to MH's last post....

And correct me if I'm wrong sir,
but we also post them not only for us but incase others listen to them and they might like them, giving them a newer artist to explore themselves...

Basically, it keeps everyone up to date with "what's new'
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.


Reply
#12
SteveO Wrote:I get overwhelmed constantly with all the new music out there! I have to listen to most of it because I am fearful that I will miss out on something fantastic! I am a weird duck in that I have no genre barriers. Even some sophisticated hip hop catches my ear! All the music posts are great and informative! Keep up the exemplary work MD members!

I am currently delving into the music of female fronted metal bands! In This Moment are very good!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_This_Moment.


Yep, that's the problem I am trying to solve as well. Finding something worthy in today's unstoppable stream of music production is like digging for gold - genre is not my search criteria.
Reply
#13
Music Head Wrote:was jazz off his meds again?

This is what is known as a "casual" or "drive-by" slander, easily disavowed or explained away. It does not engage with nor answer the OP. BTW my meds consist of a multivitamin and a 1/4 dose of aspirin per day--nothing else. This Thread was started because my disgust bucket over-flowed. I've bought 200 CDs in the last 2 weeks at an average price of $1.50--these have had extracted total listing prices totaling $1200 but even the "penny poppers" given to Goodwill had serious music merit--not one of these recordings or even artists has been mentioned here, certainly not lately. I ask again--What audience are you looking for/pandering to with y'alls obsession with the new? And utterly mainstream? Have you exhausted all the possibilities of '80's/'90's/New Century artists and are now left with 1970's holdovers and the drab/generic present to "discuss"? I had such hopes...But no...
When I get my home back, I'll present further, trust me *. For now, you'll have to content yourself with all the magnificent music I've presented only positively...and none of which draws much in the way of comment. Good thing I'm doing most of this for my archival self--sure drawing a chorus of yawns here.
* Piping break so re-piping and total flooring--an insurance issue--has me living in a near-flophouse for a month.
Are we having fun yet?
A man accustomed to hear only the echo of his own sentiments, soon bars all the common avenues of delight, and has no part in the general gratification of mankind--Dr. Johnson
What he said. Amen, Bro--JazzboCR
Reply
#14
This is hard rock metal...another chart topper from Big Rock Daddy site! Shinedown is the name of the band! I am listening to contemporary blues, metal, rock, pop bands for the past two weeks! I try to keep up with the latest albums, songs and bands from 2015...curious to see what I may discover in all the genres!

[video=youtube;9itwt_opsvQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=9itwt_opsvQ[/video]
 The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
Reply


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why is this in my music collection? CMB1888 6 3,669 03-12-2025, 05:06
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  Happy Birthday Music Head CRAZY-HORSE 2 1,273 24-10-2025, 12:33
Last Post: Music Head
  Importance of music johnnygees 32 15,435 04-02-2025, 11:42
Last Post: JeromeD
  Tring to explain why I like instrumental music Drealm 4 3,965 30-12-2024, 08:03
Last Post: JeromeD
  Any Artists(not just music) out there LHDesigns 1 1,816 15-04-2023, 09:34
Last Post: JeromeD
  Salutations Music Head. CRAZY-HORSE 3 1,798 23-10-2022, 15:04
Last Post: JeromeD
  Learning about music mixing Homer Bluth 2 2,415 08-11-2021, 08:11
Last Post: JeromeD
  "Progressive" Music coordinatednoise 8 5,676 06-11-2021, 06:30
Last Post: JeromeD
  Sometimes porn music is really good Drealm 23 9,217 04-07-2021, 13:55
Last Post: JeromeD
  Paying for compressed music : I still can't accept it Drealm 11 4,706 03-01-2021, 12:14
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE

Forum Jump: