Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Jon Pousette-Dart - Put Down Your Gun
#1
You know the scene in Top Gun where Kelly McGillis and Tom Cruise are having dinner at her house and they are talking about the music being played in the background. That scene keeps popping up in my mind with almost every song on the album. Pretty good "sit on the porch on a saturday afternoon with your beverage of choice and chill" kinda music IMO.

[video=youtube;X9ubffgyEX0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9ubffgyEX0[/video]
"KICK OUT THE JAMS, KICK UP THE SOUL, POUR ANOTHER GLASS OF THAT ROCK AND ROLL, TURN UP THE BAND, FIRE IN THE HOLE, GONNA LOSE CONTROL TONIGHT...WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME, I'M NOT AMERICAS SWEET HEART, BUT YOU LOVE ME ANYWAY!" - Elle King "America's Sweetheart"
http://www.needleinaplaystack.com
Reply
#2
interesting
have a couple of albums by this guy as Pousette-Dart Band
Amnesia and Never Enough
nothing stood out or I would share
Eagles sounding on your clip
likewise on my albums as I remember

Reply
#3
no I don't remember that scene from Top Gun that you describe as ive never seen that movie, nor anything with Tom Cruise....I have never been able to stand watching the guy.
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.


Reply
#4
^ I enjoyed watching Nicole in Eyes Wide Shut!..:biggrin:
 The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
Reply


Forum Jump: