Posts: 9,643
Threads: 255
Joined: Jun 2010
I am constantly amazed at the posts Ruby comes up with. I thought I knew a lot of the artists she mentions but she seems to have an endless supply of info and tracks of these self same artists that I have never heard of. Plus a host of other artists I have never heard of but really enjoy. Where do you find all this stuff? You must spend hours researching/gathering all this material. A real asset to the forum.
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
Posts: 29,763
Threads: 8,842
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 9,643
Threads: 255
Joined: Jun 2010
Some girl................................
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
Posts: 35,590
Threads: 3,572
Joined: Jul 2010
Jerome Wrote:I am constantly amazed at the posts Ruby comes up with. I thought I knew a lot of the artists she mentions but she seems to have an endless supply of info and tracks of these self same artists that I have never heard of. Plus a host of other artists I have never heard of but really enjoy. Where do you find all this stuff? You must spend hours researching/gathering all this material. A real asset to the forum.
quite right Jerome....
we go through a lot of blow-ins and drifters on the forum as you are well aware,
but occasionally someone turns up who is worth their weight in gold with their extensive musical knowledge and Ruby is certainly one of those rare golden nuggets that comes along and brings a wealth o information with her to enlighten and dazzle us.
keep it up Ruby..
maybe youre not a golden nugget but as your name suggests, a ruby!
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..." - Me 2014.
Posts: 6,430
Threads: 418
Joined: May 2014
Jerome Wrote:I am constantly amazed at the posts Ruby comes up with. I thought I knew a lot of the artists she mentions but she seems to have an endless supply of info and tracks of these self same artists that I have never heard of. Plus a host of other artists I have never heard of but really enjoy. Where do you find all this stuff? You must spend hours researching/gathering all this material. A real asset to the forum.
Thanks Jerome â I appreciate the feedback.
Love to listen and to find out stuff, so I just focus on what I like and pick up on what interests me, which quite often ends up a fair way off the beaten track! In the words of The Fixx â âone thing leads to anotherâ.
And it keeps me out of trouble â¦. mostly!
"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson
Posts: 6,430
Threads: 418
Joined: May 2014
Music Head Wrote:she's alright for a girl
Uh oh â¦
But ok - Iâll accept that!
"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson
Posts: 6,430
Threads: 418
Joined: May 2014
CRAZY-HORSE Wrote:quite right Jerome....
we go through a lot of blow-ins and drifters on the forum as you are well aware,
but occasionally someone turns up who is worth their weight in gold with their extensive musical knowledge and Ruby is certainly one of those rare golden nuggets that comes along and brings a wealth o information with her to enlighten and dazzle us.
keep it up Ruby..
maybe youre not a golden nugget but as your name suggests, a ruby!
Thatâs kind of you CH, but really, Iâm just a paraphraser. Yes, thereâs stuff I know, but my knowledge is very far from encyclopaedic and the memory banks are becoming a tad unreliable. Thank goodness for the www!!
"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson
Posts: 193
Threads: 4
Joined: Nov 2013
I'm a noob here, and don't get in here often, but when I do, I usually go through all the new releases first.
Now, it seems, I will have to begin stalking this woman named Ruby for new music as well.
"Sh-boom was the last great song ever written." ~ My Mom
Posts: 29,763
Threads: 8,842
Joined: Aug 2009
she has a lot of stalkers