Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Midnight Oil are to reform
#1
Not a joke apparently; this is real:

http://doublej.net.au/news/music-news/mi...-reforming

I think most people thought the band was well and truly over when Peter Garrett entered politics, given the strength of his various beliefs that were often expressed in song, To many people's surprise, though, he did not perform all that well as a politician - lay the blame for that where you will, and this is probably not the place to discuss it. Anyway, he has now quit parliament.

What does one do when one has been the frontman of a highly successful rock band, become a politician, stopped being a politician, and finds oneself at a loose end? The answer is obvious, I guess. Reform the band.
Reply
#2
just please
no more environmental stuff

Reply
#3
Oh no - not them again.
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
Reply
#4
Wow, I expected a bit more love for the Oils. I think they were one of the best bands to ever come out of the Australian rock scene.

And as for "environmental stuff", their lyrics were about many other issues, not just that, and I thought them way more interesting than your standard I love you/I don't love you anymore/you've been cheatin' on me/I'm sorry I cheated on you song themes.
Reply
#5
sorry Bob but you wont get no support from me on these guys neither...
loved a few of their singles, but thought their albums hade too much filler on them...

I dislike them even more now after Garrett went into politics (but that's another issue in another place and time)!

and no, I don't want to hear how bad the US is, and defending our nation is bad and how Aboriginals are harshly treated
and how we should close down all industry because of environmental damage and global warming,

yes, their lyrics were clever and interesting but when you sing about all that stuff don't turn into a "towing the party-line" fraud
to feather your own nest in the hallowed halls of Government!
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.


Reply


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NEW ALBUM: Foo Fighters "medicine at midnight" CRAZY-HORSE 1 855 20-02-2021, 13:19
Last Post: Music Head

Forum Jump: