Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Ace Frehley "origins vol: I"
#1
[Image: 61Cg2faWGyL._AA160_.jpg]

ACE FREHLEY "origins vol: I"

online Spotify listen:

a covers album from 'the spaceman"...
im not a fan of covers.
this one has Frehley covering the likes of Troggs,
KISS, Cream, Thin Lizzy etc...you get the picture right!
Paul Stanley duets with him on one track, Slash jumps in on another..
personally, I don't think he needed either, but its obviously a ploy
by the label to boost sales especially with the Stanley KISS connections...
either way, not a bad set of covers, they stay true and respectful to the originals,

from the album, the opening track:

[video=youtube;sTzHBRQ6v7M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTzHBRQ6v7M[/video]
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.


Reply
#2
I like the album as Ace sounds great throughout the album(His guitar not his voice). I like his choices of covers here as "Til the End of the Day" happens to be my favorite Kinks tune. He does a great job on Emerald with Slash & I know Wild Thing is predictable & seems to get criticized in some reviews & opinions but I feel He & Lita Ford really rock it. My favorite track is Bring it on Home or Fire & Ice(w/ Paul Stanley...the video was released today & it looks great). From what I heard in an interview his record company wanted the Covers album along with a studio album a few years back. They didn't think he would throw a new studio album together in time so they gave the option for a covers album to get something out there but he worked his butt off & came out with Space Invader before doing this album
Reply
#3
enters the Billboard Top 200 Albums chart this week at #23

this looks like some contract commitment thing to me
just sayin

best for me when the Zepp kicks in at about 1:45
not a bad Plant minus the screams

[video=youtube;yXYD4rEJLiw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXYD4rEJLiw[/video]

Reply
#4
yeh well...
with the title "origins vol I" I think it safe to assume a volume two will be on the way.
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.


Reply
#5
interesting article even though it's quite dated

http://loudwire.com/kiss-paul-stanley-fa...ter-criss/

Reply
#6
Music Head Wrote:interesting article even though it's quite dated

http://loudwire.com/kiss-paul-stanley-fa...ter-criss/

I know its an old article MH, and ive read this same thing a million times...

what Money-Whore (Gene), and Egomaniac (Paul) don't realise by constantly dissing on Ace and Peter is that there were our guys in the band, ALL four parts made the whole, just like Beatles (no, im not comparing them to the Beatles as writers) but it took four parts to make Beatles, without any one of them they wouldn't have been The Beatles...

yes, originally Peter and Ace were asked to leave Kiss due to their problems with booze and drugs and their inability to play properly every night.
but when they rejoined the group when they put the makeup back on again and Pete and Ace were asked by Gene and Paul to once again become KISS,
Peter and Ace were only paid 'session men' fees while Gene and Paul raked in millions...
without them putting on the makeup once again and the hype of the original band together KISS would have rode of into the sunset, they only did it IMO,
to boost their wanng popularity once again.

so yeh, Ace/Peter were paid as 'session men', but Gene and Paul milked it as "the original and best"...
I they really thought it was the best they should have all had an equal share over the period they played together...

they screwed Ace and Peter...

I have no respect for Gene Simmons in the slightest, all he thinks about is a well known song by ABBA...
I last saw them probably six years ago live, he was a blubbering fat slob who could hardly move on stage,
and seriously, for a sixty plus year old man to still by sticking out his tongue every couple of minutes on stage though
a show of almost two hours is just pathetic.

at least Paul still tries to rally the fans into a frenzy, but his voice is now shot, he cant hold any of his notes and his voice quivers
when he tries to hit that falsetto note...

IMO, KISS should have really called it a day after the "revenge" album around 1990 ish.
that said though I did like "psycho circus" rom around 1998 with the original band.
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.


Reply
#7
Space Ace rules. Eternally my favorite member of Kiss!
Reply


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NEW ALBUM: Ace Frehley "origins vol:2" CRAZY-HORSE 0 596 20-09-2020, 10:00
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW SONG: Ace Frehley "im down" CRAZY-HORSE 0 636 03-09-2020, 23:14
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW SONG: Ace Frehley "space truckin' " CRAZY-HORSE 0 529 31-07-2020, 22:39
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW SINGLE: Ace Frehley "rockin' with the boys" CRAZY-HORSE 0 1,066 19-09-2018, 09:44
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE

Forum Jump: