Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Train "play that song"
#1
[video=youtube;J5qWnG5RQTk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5qWnG5RQTk[/video]

Train "play that song"

love Train, one of the best Alt Rock bands from the last twenty years IMO...
song starts off slow and acoustically then builds to something similar
to what Maroon5 would do...
I like Maroon5 but Train don't need to impersonate their style...
not bad, would take a few more listens for me to like it.

"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.


Reply
#2
Wow.

That was bad.
"Sh-boom was the last great song ever written." ~ My Mom
Reply
#3
enters the Billboard Hot 100 Songs chart this week at #91

lol
Train reminds me of Maroon 5
this was ok
but I didn't fall in love with it heart and soul

Reply
#4
That's not a great song by any means, but somewhat better than their last few songs which sounded incredibly generic.

I recall when Train released their debut single, Drops of Jupiter, back in about 2003, and they were touted as being a refreshing change from the (then) current pop scene. Didn't take long for them to lose any freshness they might have had. Wow, has it really been that long?

I still think I'd take Train in preference to Maroon 5 any day. Lord I hate Maroon 5.
Reply
#5
oh yes, I agree, Drops Of Jupiter was a great debut single and a breath of fresh air in the music scene, as was Coldplay's "yellow" IMO...
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.


Reply
#6
speaking of Maroon 5 bob_32, do you move like Jagger?????
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.


Reply
#7
CRAZY-HORSE Wrote:speaking of Maroon 5 bob_32, do you move like Jagger?????

No. :frown: (Added this to reach minimum length for post)
Reply
#8
LOL, im glad to hear it!
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.


Reply
#9
I heard the funniest factoid on radio some time ago: Maroon 5 was not the band's original name. They changed their name because they felt their earlier name was a bit too poncey or effeminate. I mean, like, "Maroon 5" sounds so macho, doesn't it? Ummm... no.

When I investigated, I discovered that the original band name was "Kara's Flowers". Hmmm. I can see why they would change it, but I think they went from worse to bad.
Reply
#10
I didn't know that, thanks bob_32.

and for the record, I prefer the name Kara's Flowers over Maroon 5

Maroon 5 sounds "poppy" or "boyband-ish" but theres a hint of mystery with Kara's Flowers IMO.
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.


Reply


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NEW SONG: Kings Of Leon - "cold blue dawn" CRAZY-HORSE 0 37 01-10-2026, 09:26
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW SONG: Elevation Rhythm - Washed Music Head 0 61 29-09-2026, 12:00
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW SONG: Elevation Worship & Chandler Moore - God I'm Just Grateful Music Head 0 115 21-09-2026, 12:20
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW SONG: The Church - "martian skyline" CRAZY-HORSE 0 127 16-09-2026, 08:01
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW SONG: Steve Lacy - Oh Yeah? Music Head 0 249 13-08-2026, 12:07
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW SONG: Jelly Roll - Hands Up Music Head 0 213 11-08-2026, 12:27
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW SONG: Benson Boone - The Time Of My Life Music Head 0 353 11-07-2026, 11:23
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW SONG: Gracie Abrams - Look At My Life Music Head 0 356 09-07-2026, 11:27
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW SONG: Olivia Rodrigo - The Cure Music Head 0 374 05-06-2026, 12:00
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW SONG: Gracie Abrams - Hit The Wall Music Head 1 504 02-06-2026, 12:30
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE

Forum Jump: