Posts: 35,590
Threads: 3,572
Joined: Jul 2010
Moonshine Bandits "baptized in bourbon"
Spotify listen:
was expecting country/redneck country or bluegrass
with this one...
way off the mark...
a cross between the redneck rock of Kid Rock and rap,
but not the usual rap, better IMO...
songs are very redneck in theme...
numerous 'featuring' including Uncle Kracker...
lead off single is a cover of Johnny Paycheck's "take this job(and shove it)"
a good album IMO
from the album:
[video=youtube;O2XD-qoTgaA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2XD-qoTgaA[/video]
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..." - Me 2014.
Posts: 26
Threads: 2
Joined: Dec 2016
Posts: 29,763
Threads: 8,842
Joined: Aug 2009
enters the Billboard Top 200 Albums chart this week at #111 (#19 Country)
courtesy of Spotify
I like most of this
and I'm surprised I do
it's complicated
this is country boys who grew up listening to rap
most would call it crap
it worked for me this time
I like the Johnny Paycheck cover
wonder what LL thinks of David Alan Coe on that
I also like this one
the rednecks around here would love this
[video=youtube;eJxSGMVo-B4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJxSGMVo-B4[/video]
Lovely Linda
Unregistered
Music Head Wrote:enters the Billboard Top 200 Albums chart this week at #111 (#19 Country)
courtesy of Spotify
I like most of this
and I'm surprised I do
it's complicated
this is country boys who grew up listening to rap
most would call it crap
it worked for me this time
I like the Johnny Paycheck cover
wonder what LL thinks of David Alan Coe on that
I also like this one
the rednecks around here would love this
[video=youtube;eJxSGMVo-B4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJxSGMVo-B4[/video]
Well, DAC wrote Take This Job And Shove It.
He has been around "Miss Kim" :hand: too long. His voice is failing him. About time. He is getting up there.
I think it is about time for DAC to retire but I think he will die on stage. He has come close.
Like Waylon said DAC's worse enemy is DAC. So true. I could tell y'all stories. He lost his band because of Kim.
Jon E. Finn left before Kim could fire him. Kim can not sing.
Lovely Linda
Unregistered
"Miss Kim" who is "singing" with DAC is his wife. Most DAC fans have no use of her.
Even Tyler [DAC's son] can not stand Kim. After DAC let Kim take over, we stopped going to see him. She is a no talent pain in the butt.
Posts: 29,763
Threads: 8,842
Joined: Aug 2009
^^
yea but what about those 2 clips?
Lovely Linda
Unregistered
Don't care for the first one.
Have changed my taste in music in the last years.
Earlier I would have liked the second one.
I can see why DAC and The Bandits like each other.
Btw, I do like their name (catchy).
Lovely Linda
Unregistered
IMO, I would say this is "outlaw country".
Posts: 35,590
Threads: 3,572
Joined: Jul 2010
Lovely Linda Wrote:IMO, I would say this is "outlaw country".
i would have called them that also, but the rap edged it towards "alternative" for me.
either way,
it doesn't matter what we call it, IMO, its music, we either like or loathe it...
BTW, I detest the term "genre" as it pigeon-holes albums/artists.
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..." - Me 2014.
Lovely Linda
Unregistered
I agree CH. I do not like the phrase genre either. Way back when, never heard of the phrase.