Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
NEW ALBUM: Jack White "boarding house reach"
#1
[Image: 51T943BRUnL._AC_US218_.jpg]

JACK WHITE  "boarding house reach"

Spotify listen:

before I start..
haters gonna hate and lovers gonna love, no inbetween with Jack White....
album opens up with a blues rocker and from there on in its a free-for-all...
a wild collection of sounds from a spoken word piece, rap, funk, rock and dare I say
it, I think I hear some sampling and looping happening in places....
Jack White has never been a creator of original sounds but he exploits sounds and styles
by running them though a wringer and what comes out it what he uses, good or bad....
artists im hearing throughout this one are Moby, Sonic Youth (plenty of Sonic Youth), Lenny
Kravitz, some Run DMC and obviously some White Stripes...
all up, an impressive album to my ears, but im a long time fan anyway...

the single:



"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.


Reply
#2
enters the Billboard Top 200 albums chart this week at #1

courtesy of Spotify

3rd as a solo act
I went for the first one but was not impressed
nor this one
I prefer Stripes

another single
nice live gig
more of a jam




Reply
#3
yup...was dreading you hearing the album MH as I know youre a Stripes fan as opposed to a Jack solo fan.

love his music but the guy is a "weirdo" and if I didn't know better i'd say him and Johnny Depp were related
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.


Reply


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NEW ALBUM: Beabadoobee - Pylon Music Head 1 46 Yesterday, 11:51
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW ALBUM: The Tubs - "hard life" CRAZY-HORSE 3 144 29-09-2026, 10:43
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW ALBUM: Interpol - This Mirror Weighs A Ton Music Head 2 132 27-09-2026, 18:08
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW ALBUM: Alabama Shakes - I Must Be Dreaming Music Head 1 105 26-09-2026, 23:04
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW-ish ALBUM: Ecca Vandal - "looking for people to unfollow" CRAZY-HORSE 0 205 07-09-2026, 08:18
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW ALBUM: Weezer - Weezer (Gold) Music Head 1 277 05-09-2026, 23:02
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW ALBUM: Kasabian - "act III" CRAZY-HORSE 0 230 04-09-2026, 23:04
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW ALBUM: Marilyn Manson - "one assassination under God: chapter 2 CRAZY-HORSE 1 339 29-08-2026, 11:39
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW ALBUM: Phoebe Bridgers - Lost Weekend Music Head 0 243 27-08-2026, 11:32
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW ALBUM: Waterparks - JINX Music Head 0 267 11-08-2026, 12:33
Last Post: Music Head

Forum Jump: