Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
NEW ALBUM: Africa Express "egoli"
#1
[Image: 71fXCCi8VAL._AC_UL436_.jpg]

Spotify listen:

from South Africa...
a collaborative group...
experimental, creating a fusion of traditional sounds with Western sounds...
as a comparison I would use Will.I.Am, Snap!...
think of Malcom McLaren with his fusion of various things back in the 1980s...
lots of guest musicians on this one including one name I am familiar with, Damon Albarn...
its probably not something I would buy but it was a refreshing listen to hear
something unique (oops, unique is the wrong word, I mean different)

from the album:

Africa To The World   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oT0_5vYR3vk

I Cant Move  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qd1G3lwUtfY
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.


Reply
#2
I've been meaning to give this a whirl, but I'm not really into South African traditional music so had hesitated. Gave it a try but had to skip through the tracks - not my thing. Only one song I wanted to listen to all the way through - with Zolani Mahola (from Freshly Ground) ... 





Btw - for interest, eGoli is Zulu for Place of Gold, and also a nickname for Johannesburg ... where a whole lot of it comes from. I see this album was recorded in Jo'burg, or Jozi as it's lately become known!
"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson
Reply


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NEW ALBUM: Beabadoobee - Pylon Music Head 1 44 Yesterday, 11:51
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW ALBUM: The Tubs - "hard life" CRAZY-HORSE 3 143 29-09-2026, 10:43
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW ALBUM: Interpol - This Mirror Weighs A Ton Music Head 2 132 27-09-2026, 18:08
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW ALBUM: Alabama Shakes - I Must Be Dreaming Music Head 1 105 26-09-2026, 23:04
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW-ish ALBUM: Ecca Vandal - "looking for people to unfollow" CRAZY-HORSE 0 205 07-09-2026, 08:18
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW ALBUM: Weezer - Weezer (Gold) Music Head 1 277 05-09-2026, 23:02
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW ALBUM: Kasabian - "act III" CRAZY-HORSE 0 230 04-09-2026, 23:04
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW ALBUM: Marilyn Manson - "one assassination under God: chapter 2 CRAZY-HORSE 1 339 29-08-2026, 11:39
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW ALBUM: Phoebe Bridgers - Lost Weekend Music Head 0 243 27-08-2026, 11:32
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW ALBUM: Waterparks - JINX Music Head 0 267 11-08-2026, 12:33
Last Post: Music Head

Forum Jump: