13-08-2019, 20:07
LIGHTHOUSE FAMILY ~ Blue Sky in Your Head
![[Image: R-13840912-1562334113-2616.jpeg.jpg]](https://img.discogs.com/RUmdrSiKxS5wkLHWeaYkiV59gC4=/fit-in/300x300/filters:strip_icc():format(jpeg):mode_rgb():quality(40)/discogs-images/R-13840912-1562334113-2616.jpeg.jpg)
The title conjures up a lovely picture (albeit one with airhead leanings, lol!) and the album is inoffensive, which isn’t necessarily a compliment. Easy peasy listening – nothing wrong with the execution but nothing memorable either. No real ‘highs’ on this one – with one possible exception (which isn't all that obvious). It’s all a bit samey IMHO.
Tunde Baiyewu has such a lovely mellifluous voice, the production is probably flawless thanks to Paul Tucker’s perfectionist ideals and it’s all kinda floaty … I will whisper now …. sonic wallpaper. Sorry boys. I wouldn’t go out of my way to acquire the album, but if I was looking for background music for a civilised event, this would probably do the trick.
That possible exception ... an acoustic version ...
![[Image: R-13840912-1562334113-2616.jpeg.jpg]](https://img.discogs.com/RUmdrSiKxS5wkLHWeaYkiV59gC4=/fit-in/300x300/filters:strip_icc():format(jpeg):mode_rgb():quality(40)/discogs-images/R-13840912-1562334113-2616.jpeg.jpg)
The title conjures up a lovely picture (albeit one with airhead leanings, lol!) and the album is inoffensive, which isn’t necessarily a compliment. Easy peasy listening – nothing wrong with the execution but nothing memorable either. No real ‘highs’ on this one – with one possible exception (which isn't all that obvious). It’s all a bit samey IMHO.
Tunde Baiyewu has such a lovely mellifluous voice, the production is probably flawless thanks to Paul Tucker’s perfectionist ideals and it’s all kinda floaty … I will whisper now …. sonic wallpaper. Sorry boys. I wouldn’t go out of my way to acquire the album, but if I was looking for background music for a civilised event, this would probably do the trick.
That possible exception ... an acoustic version ...
"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson

