Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
NEW ALBUM: Robbie Robertson - Sinematic
#1
ROBBIE ROBERTSON – Sinematic

[Image: R-14152805-1568998802-9096.jpeg.jpg]
 
I’m about to be rude. Sorry.

Robbie’s voice is finished, and not only that - in my uncharitable opinion, it’s offensive. He should stick to playing his guitar.

Very difficult to listen to this album – that rasping croak is just too disturbing. Marianne Faithfull can pull it off whereas he just sounds horrible. Nothing new, and even worse, nothing old. Grungy industrial blues that sound worn and a bit corny, and it’s called Sinematic for a reason – RR’s been hanging out with Martin Scorsese.

The album starts with he and Van Morrison crooning away (off key in Robertson’s case) about how they ‘paint houses’, a euphemism for hitmen; it's dreadful, and varying degrees of the same proliferate throughout. Seriously??!! Even if tongue in cheek, (which it might be, who can say?) based on all the shitty stuff going on everywhere right now, I’m not finding the subject matter entertaining, amusing or atmospheric and besides, there is zero flow. I tried - I really did. Oh, and then there's the 'artwork' - pfffft.    

So much more appealing when he was somewhere down the crazy river!!

For the sake of absolute clarity … I don’t like it.   

The final track is the only one that’s worthwhile, in my view – “Remembrance” … no vocals …



"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson
Reply
#2
LOL....
its funny you mention that about his vocals, I was watching Jools Holland a while ago, an old episode from several years ago, and Robbie was on it, I ended up using the 'fast forward' button to avoid listening to him.

and so after that live performance I probably wouldn't have listened to the album anyway, and after your scathing review I definitely wont bother with it...
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.


Reply
#3
^I confess to not making it all the way through each track. Much like your fast forward! Lol!
"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson
Reply


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NEW ALBUM: Roger Taylor - "violence insane in a beautiful world" CRAZY-HORSE 1 200 19-09-2026, 00:39
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW ALBUM: Keb' Mo' - "the breakdown" CRAZY-HORSE 0 209 29-08-2026, 01:52
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW ALBUM: Role Model - Chuck Timely & The Hourglass Music Head 0 207 22-08-2026, 11:27
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW ALBUM: Jack White - "frozen charlotte" CRAZY-HORSE 1 446 25-07-2026, 11:43
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW ALBUM: Rolling Stones - "foreign tongues" CRAZY-HORSE 5 862 23-07-2026, 12:09
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW ALBUM: Pretty Reckless - Dear God Music Head 0 244 14-07-2026, 12:20
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW ALBUM: Red Clay Strays - Grateful Music Head 2 535 13-07-2026, 08:50
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW ALBUM: Green Desert Trees - "fighting dragons" CRAZY-HORSE 0 365 09-07-2026, 04:08
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW ALBUM: Angine De Poitrine - "volume 2" CRAZY-HORSE 0 402 20-06-2026, 01:01
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW ALBUM: Shinedown - EI8HT Music Head 1 615 12-06-2026, 11:53
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE

Forum Jump: