Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
NEW ALBUM: Rustin Man - Clockdust
#1
RUSTIN MAN ~ Clockdust

[Image: R-14946052-1584540428-1278.jpeg.jpg]

I went back and read what I’d said about Paul Webb's (aka Rustin Man) previous album, Drift Code and I could probably copy and paste most of it. https://www.music-discussion.com/showthr...#pid135331

However, IMHO, the erstwhile Talk Talk bassist’s second properly solo album is less enchanting than his debut - then again, I am not easily enchantable right now!! Too distracted by what’s going on in the world. 

I listened yesterday, before all these interruptions, and couldn’t listen again today (with some perspective) because Spotify won’t play properly and there are very few clips available to me on YT.  Anyway - I wasn’t sold on the first track, nor on one or two others, but I didn’t actively dislike this somewhat offbeat album. Again, there’s an almost Vaudevillian sort of quality and I’m still picking up a definite latter era Bowie ‘sounds like’ now and then.  

This is not music to ‘like’ – what it does do is force to you pay attention because it’s so very different … there are melodic moments, unorthodox timings, intelligent lyrics and I think it’s been carefully and deliberating put together. Interesting, but not my thing - perhaps it’s yours …

Oh - hang on - I see it's all available in my country now, in which case this would be the track I'd choose ... 



"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson
Reply
#2
^^

I did enjoy his last album so im more than willing to give this one a listen in the week Ruby
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.


Reply
#3
I listened Ruby
nothing on it for me this time round
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.


Reply
#4
^Didn't think there would be!
"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson
Reply


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NEW ALBUM: Beabadoobee - Pylon Music Head 1 46 Yesterday, 11:51
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW ALBUM: The Tubs - "hard life" CRAZY-HORSE 3 146 29-09-2026, 10:43
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW ALBUM: Interpol - This Mirror Weighs A Ton Music Head 2 133 27-09-2026, 18:08
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW ALBUM: Alabama Shakes - I Must Be Dreaming Music Head 1 105 26-09-2026, 23:04
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW-ish ALBUM: Ecca Vandal - "looking for people to unfollow" CRAZY-HORSE 0 205 07-09-2026, 08:18
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW ALBUM: Weezer - Weezer (Gold) Music Head 1 277 05-09-2026, 23:02
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW ALBUM: Kasabian - "act III" CRAZY-HORSE 0 230 04-09-2026, 23:04
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW ALBUM: Marilyn Manson - "one assassination under God: chapter 2 CRAZY-HORSE 1 339 29-08-2026, 11:39
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW ALBUM: Phoebe Bridgers - Lost Weekend Music Head 0 243 27-08-2026, 11:32
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW ALBUM: Waterparks - JINX Music Head 0 268 11-08-2026, 12:33
Last Post: Music Head

Forum Jump: