Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Nickelback
#1
For all who dont know i am a Nickelback Fan. So Heres a bit of History on them. You learn something new everyday, Right?

Nickelback are a Grammy award nominated Canadian rock band from Hanna, Alberta, formed in 1995. Founded by members Chad Kroeger, Mike Kroeger, Ryan Peake and then-drummer Brandon Kroeger.

The Albums:

All the Right Reasons Album ~~ 2005
Curb Album ~~ 1996
Dark Horse Album ~~ 2008
Silver Side Up Album ~~ 2001
The Long Road Album ~~ 2003
The State Album ~~ 2000

If you would like to see some images join my social group called Nickelback! Smile
~~Im Not Gonna Stand Here And Wait. I'll Hold On To The Wings Of The Eagles! ~~ Nickelback
~~If I'm Crazy Enough To Think It, I'm Crazy Enough To Say It~~ Eminem
~~Most People Live And Die With Their Music Still Unplayed. They Never Dare To Try!
Reply
#2
I properly have not given them a chance? What would you recommend as good listening from Nickelback?
With Regards...


Anthony :coffee:
Reply
#3
Well theres basically 2 types of songs that they play. If you want to listen to them i recommend: If Everyone Cared or Savin me or Rockstar and Gotta Be Somebody.
~~Im Not Gonna Stand Here And Wait. I'll Hold On To The Wings Of The Eagles! ~~ Nickelback
~~If I'm Crazy Enough To Think It, I'm Crazy Enough To Say It~~ Eminem
~~Most People Live And Die With Their Music Still Unplayed. They Never Dare To Try!
Reply
#4
Hey Kazz,
So what part of the Great White North are you from? Southern Alberta here. Confusedmile:

I hope you don't hate me for this, but I have never been much of a Nickleback fan (though their home town of Hanna is just an hour from me) but I do give them props for carving out such a successful career, and Kroeger has certainly found the formula for writing a hit song.

I want to give you props for spreading the word about Canadian music on here Kazz. I also noticed your post about Hedley and others. :biggrin:

If you will permit me to share just a sampling of the amazing independent talent that our country should be so proud of. Ok, what can I say, promoting great Canadian music is my first love. :laugh:

So, I will just list a few, and hope you and the rest of MD will check them out and like what they hear enough to purchase their music. :rockon:


Soul Side In
Special Ops
The Dudes
Jets Overhead
The Johnstones
Finding Core
The Mudmen
Alexisonfire
The Gaslight Anthem
Ministry of Zen
Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders & says ...
'Oh shit....she's awake!!'

http://www.theportalmagazine.com
http://www.myspace.com/theportalmagazine
http://www.twitter.com/theportalmag
http://www.myspace.com/sweetcjfan
Reply
#5
Oh ok. Well in that case since ur also canadian go ahead. I am from Southern Saskatchewan, South of regina. And Can u please join the Canadian Social Group. It will be a plesure for me to not be the only one in it Tongue
~~Im Not Gonna Stand Here And Wait. I'll Hold On To The Wings Of The Eagles! ~~ Nickelback
~~If I'm Crazy Enough To Think It, I'm Crazy Enough To Say It~~ Eminem
~~Most People Live And Die With Their Music Still Unplayed. They Never Dare To Try!
Reply
#6
ahhh ..another westerner .. lovely Confusedmile:
Thanks too for not calling a linch mob on my butt for not being a Nickelback fan. :laugh:

I think I did join the Canadian Social Group :wink: .. but I will go make sure. :laugh:
Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders & says ...
'Oh shit....she's awake!!'

http://www.theportalmagazine.com
http://www.myspace.com/theportalmagazine
http://www.twitter.com/theportalmag
http://www.myspace.com/sweetcjfan
Reply
#7
Alright.. Well if a person doesn't like the same band or music then me no big deal. It doesn't bother me cuz i had to put up with my parents music before and always will :p
~~Im Not Gonna Stand Here And Wait. I'll Hold On To The Wings Of The Eagles! ~~ Nickelback
~~If I'm Crazy Enough To Think It, I'm Crazy Enough To Say It~~ Eminem
~~Most People Live And Die With Their Music Still Unplayed. They Never Dare To Try!
Reply
#8
Kazz Wrote:Alright.. Well if a person doesn't like the same band or music then me no big deal. It doesn't bother me cuz i had to put up with my parents music before and always will :p
I'll bite. What was your parents music?

Reply
#9
Well until i was 14. I lived with my grandparents and my mom, and they listened to Mostly Country. Most of the time the old style country ( the older People of country) or unless they turned the radio on. But now i live with my mom and her husband, and they listen to almost anything and everything... some of it's ok and others it is horrible! Tongue thanx for asking
~~Im Not Gonna Stand Here And Wait. I'll Hold On To The Wings Of The Eagles! ~~ Nickelback
~~If I'm Crazy Enough To Think It, I'm Crazy Enough To Say It~~ Eminem
~~Most People Live And Die With Their Music Still Unplayed. They Never Dare To Try!
Reply
#10
cool....[Image: Hillbilly-Stomping.gif]

Reply


Forum Jump: