Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NEW ALBUM: Taylor Swift "midnights"
[Image: 220px-Midnights_-_Taylor_Swift.png]

deezer listen:

her tenth studio album and third in the last two years...
well, i loved the sparse feel of the previous two albums ('evermore' and 'folklore') and wasnt sure what she would come out with this time round...
anyway, i put this one in alternative because the two artists i am thinking that this one sounds like would be considered alternative,
so who does this album sound like?....
Lorde crossed with Lana Del Rey IMO...
it is almost 'anti-pop', 'lowfi-pop' or 'downtempo-pop' for want of better descriptions...
music and song structure seems too repetitive for the most part so instead of thirteen separate tracks it almost feels like one long track at times...
not in the same league as the two previous albums (which are her best IMO) and most certainly no straightforward pop to be seen anywhere.
overall, i am a bit underwhelmed and slightly disappointed after one listen.

the track which features Lana Del Rey:

"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.

this is my favourite track, 
i was waiting for the video to be released before i posted it so here it is...

They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.

enters the Billboard Top 200 Albums chart at #1

courtesy of Spotify

never fails me
pulled up the album, 13 tracks
yet the Songs chart had 20
I was confused
then found a 3 AM edition with the others included
makes no sense
whatever
list maker for me

fav

okay, i have done a bit of research MH and it looks like the 13 tracks are on the 'standard' cd and black vinyl release.

the remaining tracks are scattered through four different coloured vinyl editions of the album with several remixes and demo tracks plus the 3AM edition" you mentioned.

the vinyl editions are subtitled: "blue", "mahogany", "blood moon" and "jade green" to represent the colour of the vinyl presumably.

apparently when all four are purchased the rear of the covers (when reversed in a certain order) make an image of a clockface striking midnight.

a good gimmick to sell multiple copies of a single album and afterall, every artist seems to be doing things like this over the last decade or so she isnt the first and she wont be the last to do it.

seems even The boss is impressed with "midnights"
https://www.msn.com/en-au/entertainment/...9f10d9cf81

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NEW ALBUM: David Kushner - The Dichotomy Music Head 1 38 17-09-2024, 12:27
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW ALBUM: Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - "wild god" CRAZY-HORSE 4 179 14-09-2024, 11:54
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW ALBUM: Fontaines D.C. - Romance Music Head 1 102 10-09-2024, 22:07
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW ALBUM: LAURIE ANDERSON ~ Amelia Ruby 3 147 01-09-2024, 19:44
Last Post: Ruby
  NEW ALBUM: Glass Animals - I Love You So Fucking Much Music Head 0 144 01-08-2024, 11:38
  NEW ALBUM: Cigarettes After Sex - X's Music Head 0 168 29-07-2024, 11:32
  NEW ALBUM: Kasabian "happenings" CRAZY-HORSE 1 278 21-07-2024, 12:39
  NEW ALBUM: John Cale - Poptical Illusions Music Head 0 220 20-07-2024, 11:50
  NEW ALBUM: Imagine Dragons - Loom Music Head 1 348 13-07-2024, 11:39
Last Post: JeromeD
  NEW ALBUM: The Story So Far - I Want To Disappear Music Head 0 243 07-07-2024, 11:23