Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Best Green Day Album
#11
forgot to say that, me too

Reply
#12
CMB1888 Wrote:snobs!! ok - even I wouldn't class them as punk now but some of their earlier stuff was close enough

I agree. Ever since American Idiot they've been quite mainstream. Dookie and Insomniac are favourites of mine (and are coincidentally what i see as their most 'punky' albums), but i quite like Nimrod as well, because it combined their punk-type songs with various different other styles, all in one album.

Dookie - Punk Rock
Insomniac - Punk Rock
Nimrod - Punk Rock/Various
Warning - Punk Rock/Pop
American Idiot - Dull Punk Rock
21st Century Breakdown - More of American Idiot

Not that i'm saying Green Day are definitely Punk Rock, but i can't think of another term to describe them with.
Reply
#13
I hope this thread doesn't devolve into a "what is punk rock" debate. I think it can be agreed they started as a pop-punk band but have matured to include many other sounds. 'Alternative rock' is enough of a description for me.

Now me I couldn't stand their earlier work. From what I've heard of the latest two, American Idiot and 21st Century Breakdown, I almost like 'em!
Reply


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NEW ALBUM: Beabadoobee - Pylon Music Head 1 50 01-10-2026, 11:51
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW ALBUM: The Tubs - "hard life" CRAZY-HORSE 3 157 29-09-2026, 10:43
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW ALBUM: Interpol - This Mirror Weighs A Ton Music Head 2 135 27-09-2026, 18:08
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW ALBUM: Alabama Shakes - I Must Be Dreaming Music Head 1 108 26-09-2026, 23:04
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW-ish ALBUM: Ecca Vandal - "looking for people to unfollow" CRAZY-HORSE 0 207 07-09-2026, 08:18
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW ALBUM: Weezer - Weezer (Gold) Music Head 1 277 05-09-2026, 23:02
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW ALBUM: Kasabian - "act III" CRAZY-HORSE 0 230 04-09-2026, 23:04
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW ALBUM: Marilyn Manson - "one assassination under God: chapter 2 CRAZY-HORSE 1 339 29-08-2026, 11:39
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW ALBUM: Phoebe Bridgers - Lost Weekend Music Head 0 243 27-08-2026, 11:32
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW ALBUM: Waterparks - JINX Music Head 0 268 11-08-2026, 12:33
Last Post: Music Head

Forum Jump: