02-03-2010, 14:45
a smart man
from crawdaddy
![[Image: john_cale02.jpg]](http://www.crawdaddy.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/john_cale02.jpg)
Apparently, members of the Velvet Underground have been receiving lucrative offers to do a reunion tour. Well, of course they were! But John Cale, set to perform his 1973 album Paris 1919 in Londonâs South Bank on March 5th, is ruling out the possibility, saying itâs not something he can see happening based on the past. He told BBC 6 Music:
âAnyone who wants to reform the Velvet Underground for a series of concerts, to make some money, I understand that, but you canât do that. We donât have Sterling [Morrison] any more. If I said that was something I was intrigued by, people would think I was cynical⦠Thereâs no communal effort to enjoy each otherâs company any more.â
I love the Velvet Underground as much as the next person, they were truly ahead of their time. But honestly, this probably wouldnât have been very good anyway. Especially, if their relationship sounds as cold as Cale makes it out to be. And also, I mean, who really wants to see Lou Reed sing âHeroinâ now? Letâs hand it to all of the aging musicians out there who are smart enough to know when not to do a reunion tour.
from crawdaddy
![[Image: john_cale02.jpg]](http://www.crawdaddy.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/john_cale02.jpg)
Apparently, members of the Velvet Underground have been receiving lucrative offers to do a reunion tour. Well, of course they were! But John Cale, set to perform his 1973 album Paris 1919 in Londonâs South Bank on March 5th, is ruling out the possibility, saying itâs not something he can see happening based on the past. He told BBC 6 Music:
âAnyone who wants to reform the Velvet Underground for a series of concerts, to make some money, I understand that, but you canât do that. We donât have Sterling [Morrison] any more. If I said that was something I was intrigued by, people would think I was cynical⦠Thereâs no communal effort to enjoy each otherâs company any more.â
I love the Velvet Underground as much as the next person, they were truly ahead of their time. But honestly, this probably wouldnât have been very good anyway. Especially, if their relationship sounds as cold as Cale makes it out to be. And also, I mean, who really wants to see Lou Reed sing âHeroinâ now? Letâs hand it to all of the aging musicians out there who are smart enough to know when not to do a reunion tour.

