Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
got my new 'music Bibles'
#1
i just got my three volumes of 'Australian Chart Book' in the mail today. its pretty much the same set up as UK 'guiness book of charts' & 'billboard' chart books detailing all singles and album entries in the charts along with biggest sellers from each year etc etc.

its taken a long time to track these down,but i guess i hit paydirt with them.

volume 1 1940-1969
volume 2 1970-1992
volume 3 1993-2009
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.


Reply
#2
Been thinking about getting Billboards for years.
Just one of those things I keep putting off.

Reply
#3
I applaud your enthusiasm, but I couldn't get any enjoyment out of such books...
"Writing about music is like dancing about architecture"

Unknown
Reply
#4
I bought a book once called '1001 Albums To Hear Before You Die'. It's pretty poor to be honest and misses out a lot of my favourite albums. Didnt have much of an impact on me although it did introduce me to bands like Sonic Youth (Goo album) and The Sisters Of Mercy.

Despite this I don't really think these so called 'musical bibles' really have much credibility.
"Blogging like Jesus, tweet like a Pope
Site traffic heavy, I'm YouTubing hope" - Wire- 'Blogging' 2015

"But me and you were not to blame
Love always returns from where it came
Back to black and in the end,
It's all the same."- Terry Allen 'Back to Black' 1996[URL="http://www.last.fm/user/mirrorball95"]




http://www.last.fm/user/mirrorball95[/URL]
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKpqmg_Xug0qMXDCJ1sdvMw
Reply
#5
You guys talking about Ed's enthusiam reminds me of someone I once knew. His missus asked him to install a curtain rail in the lounge. He went off to the DIY store, bought all the gear, measured everything up and commenced to do the job. After the first bracket had been mounted on the wall (to hold up the rail) he sat down to have a beer - and SEVEN years later decided to finish the job. Needless to say he was never asked to do anything around the house ever again. Smart move!
Reply
#6
Mr.Soul Wrote:I bought a book once called '1001 Albums To Hear Before You Die'. It's pretty poor to be honest and misses out a lot of my favourite albums. Didnt have much of an impact on me although it did introduce me to bands like Sonic Youth (Goo album) and The Sisters Of Mercy.

Despite this I don't really think these so called 'musical bibles' really have much credibility.

i wouldnt buy any of those books youre talking about, the ones i get deal with chart placings, biggest selling songs of years/decades etc
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.


Reply


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why is this in my music collection? CMB1888 6 3,669 03-12-2025, 05:06
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  Happy Birthday Music Head CRAZY-HORSE 2 1,273 24-10-2025, 12:33
Last Post: Music Head
  Importance of music johnnygees 32 15,440 04-02-2025, 11:42
Last Post: JeromeD
  Tring to explain why I like instrumental music Drealm 4 3,967 30-12-2024, 08:03
Last Post: JeromeD
  Any Artists(not just music) out there LHDesigns 1 1,816 15-04-2023, 09:34
Last Post: JeromeD
  Salutations Music Head. CRAZY-HORSE 3 1,799 23-10-2022, 15:04
Last Post: JeromeD
  Learning about music mixing Homer Bluth 2 2,415 08-11-2021, 08:11
Last Post: JeromeD
  "Progressive" Music coordinatednoise 8 5,682 06-11-2021, 06:30
Last Post: JeromeD
  Sometimes porn music is really good Drealm 23 9,218 04-07-2021, 13:55
Last Post: JeromeD
  Paying for compressed music : I still can't accept it Drealm 11 4,707 03-01-2021, 12:14
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE

Forum Jump: