Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Greetings From a Jazz Bassist
#1
I love urban music, including jazz, blues, R&B, hip-hop, soul, funk, and a lot more. I don't love it, but I also listen to some rock, punk, and alternative. Two styles of music that I really don't like are pop and dance. I don't like pop music because it's basically written to be disposable. There isn't any quality to it in my opinion. I don't like dance music because it basically follows the same morals as pop music. All it really is is a repeated rhythm with lyrics put over it. I look forward to being a part of the community. Smile
Reply
#2
welcome to MD Kinda,
liked your comments about pop and dance,as a generalisation, you are correct,
stick around, we like people who have opinions
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.


Reply
#3
Hi and welcome to MD ! Stay with us , talk with us and post often !:biggrin1:Cool
Nice to be able to go back to trust and friendship!!!!!!!!!

It's a mixed up sensation this being alive
Oh! it wears a man down into the ground
It's the strangest elation
I can't describe it
Oh it leaves a man weary
It makes a man frown.
.............................Chris Simpson ( "Mixed Up Sensations" 1975 Martin's Cafe )
Reply
#4
Welcome Kinda
We need some Brown around here.
Dig in. Give us your opinions.
Feel at home in those Jazz and R&B forums.

Reply
#5
Hi Kinda and welcome to MD.

I'd take issue with your comments concerning dance music. Since its' purpose is to provoke dancing, a repetitive rhythm is virtually all that's required. That you don't like it is, of course, just you expressing your opinion, and I respect that. Regarding Pop music, on the whole I agree with you.

Hope you enjoy the site.
Reply
#6
Your introduction reminds me of a classical concert I saw some time ago. Can't remember the guy's name but he said he played the bass viol. And his wife always used to refer to him as a vile bassist! Welcome.
Reply
#7
Wellcome, it's a great place indeed!
Reply
#8
Tiggi Wrote:I'd take issue with your comments concerning dance music. Since its' purpose is to provoke dancing, a repetitive rhythm is virtually all that's required. That you don't like it is, of course, just you expressing your opinion, and I respect that.

And I'm totally okay with that, it's just not something I'd listen to. Smile
Reply
#9
Who is your favorite jazz bassist?

I had the pleasure of featuring Eddie Gomez at the venue I run last month.

That guy has played with everyone!
Reply


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  hi jazz lovers skett 0 1,137 01-12-2016, 10:03
Last Post: skett
  Music Fan of many genres from Rock to Electronic, Jazz to Classical.. 3000records 1 1,489 28-07-2016, 06:58
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  New NYC soul/jazz/funk musician/band on the forums cypdrumz 0 909 16-06-2014, 04:43
Last Post: cypdrumz
  I'm cool dude, I enjoy all music, Rap, right to jazz Cooldude420 1 1,223 06-06-2014, 22:02
Last Post: SteveO
  Peep this. Jazz/Math lover patkab407 1 1,245 02-08-2013, 14:29
Last Post: SteveO

Forum Jump: