Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Greetings from the Lowlands
#1
My name is Wilfried from Holland. I have been looking for a interesting and passionate community to express my love for music. I have seriously started to listen to music about 20 years ago during what was a difficult time for me personally. My taste has changed considerably over the years. For instance, music I listened to 10-15 years ago now makes my skin crawl:biggrin:.

Getting to know the music of No-Man had big the biggest impact on my musical taste, since they include elements of Sylvian, Talk Talk, Nick Drake, Red House Painters, Roxy Music etc in their sound. What makes No-Man so unique for me is that they are difficult to categorize.

Over the years, I have developed the odd knack of starting to listen to music of people and groups which have a) disbanded (Talk Talk for instance) or b) died (like Nick Drake, Tim Buckley). However, and luckily, a lot of music I have learned to love and appreciate is still being made.

I hope meeting people on this forum will enable me to broaden my music horizons. I am looking forward to meeting you all !
Reply
#2
A warm welcome to MD!

You will be our second member from the Netherlands as I too come from there. However, I'm from right at the bottom near Maastricht.

This is the correct forum for you, we are all passionate about music here and love to be involved in musical discussions Cool
Nice to be able to go back to trust and friendship!!!!!!!!!

It's a mixed up sensation this being alive
Oh! it wears a man down into the ground
It's the strangest elation
I can't describe it
Oh it leaves a man weary
It makes a man frown.
.............................Chris Simpson ( "Mixed Up Sensations" 1975 Martin's Cafe )
Reply
#3
Hi Wilfried, & welcome to MD.

It's good to see the orange contingent on the forum double...

I guess there are plenty of deceased musicians out there to listen to, as well as lots of disbanded.

Hope you enjoy the site.
Reply
#4
welcome Wilfried, another member from the land of poppyfields and windmills, or should i say 'snow and ice'.

keep warm with us at MD this winter...unless the cold freezes the lcd crystals on your screen
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.


Reply
#5
Hi Wilfried, good to have another Dutch member on the site Confusedmile: Great taste in music you got there by the way!
I like yourself, only discovered No-Man a few years ago and they are amazing. So unique as well. Check out Steven Wilson's other band Porcupine Tree, they too are pretty difficult to categorise.
"Blogging like Jesus, tweet like a Pope
Site traffic heavy, I'm YouTubing hope" - Wire- 'Blogging' 2015

"But me and you were not to blame
Love always returns from where it came
Back to black and in the end,
It's all the same."- Terry Allen 'Back to Black' 1996[URL="http://www.last.fm/user/mirrorball95"]




http://www.last.fm/user/mirrorball95[/URL]
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKpqmg_Xug0qMXDCJ1sdvMw
Reply
#6
welcome to our home

Reply
#7
Lowlands but HighLife - Holland is a great place. Welcome.
Reply


Forum Jump: