Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Howdy from Down Under
#1
Hey, checking in from Sydney Australia (dont let the username confuse ya ) Huge music fan....in general. Currently working on my "collection" and looking for inspiration from other music lovers like myself.

Am into a variety of stuff, probably the only thing I really dont get into as much is Metal, mostly speed metal and death metal.....Pretty much a music whore, as long as it has a good beat or good lyrics and a melody I am there!!

Hope to meet more of you around the forum.
Reply
#2
Hi AprilNz,

Welcome to Music Discussion.

I look forward to getting to know you, and of course discussing music with you. Hope you like it here.
Reply
#3
Welcome to MD

Hope to see you on the boards
Reply
#4
Welcome April. It is good to have another music fan on here looking to expand their listening tastes. I like how you are specific about what types of metal you don't like. Does this mean you're a little more receptive to other styles of metal? Like thrash or doom metal? :Wink:

On your profile in response to the instrument question you say the turntable. Do you mean you just listen to records on it or do you DJ or play the turntable as an instrument (aka turntablism)?
Reply
#5
Yeah I was meant to put an "s" on the end, as in turntablism, as in DJ. (read: has equipment, not skill)

I am receptive to some types of metal at the broader edge of the metal spectrum.

Pretty much if it scares the bejesus out of me, I dont like it (I am thinking doom might fit in this category) but anything else, I am willing to at least try Smile
Reply
#6
That's very cool that you play the turntables. I was once into that in a big way. I went so far as to see the X-ecutioners live. Not on the tour for the gawd-awful "crossover" album but before that. But all my money for expensive equipment goes into photography equipment, not turntables, mixers, needles, records, etc.
Reply


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Howdy! Snowman999 3 2,091 11-01-2017, 19:26
Last Post: Snowman999
  Howdy Padnahs djsmuv 0 2,740 29-10-2016, 22:18
Last Post: djsmuv
  Howdy from an aspiring Composer! ChristianRoss 2 1,616 12-08-2016, 01:05
Last Post: ChristianRoss
  howdy guys Pink Floyd Fan 1999 6 3,074 08-07-2016, 11:08
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  Howdy Ho, Neighbor shaynegri-la 0 1,333 15-06-2016, 02:23
Last Post: shaynegri-la
  Hi and Howdy! gousterman 0 987 11-09-2015, 15:02
Last Post: gousterman
  Howdy! Piano Boy 3 1,989 20-04-2015, 16:02
Last Post: Piano Boy
  Howdy miraslow 2 1,410 06-10-2014, 23:58
Last Post: SteveO
  Howdy, my name is victor y'all! Hola at you all the way from Montreal Canada! littledrummerboy 4 2,860 13-07-2011, 17:31
Last Post: Tiggi
  A big howdy from Texas! NoSaint1975 4 2,507 30-01-2011, 02:04
Last Post: Tiggi

Forum Jump: